Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

YouTube Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:49 pm

YouTube Review Youtube-logo
YouTube Review Stars-4-5

History:
Youtube is a user-generated video hosting site. It was created and founded by men who were previously PayPal employees. Their names are Steve Chen, Chat Hurley, and Jawed Karim. The idea, the beta test, and the official launch of Youtube all took place in 2005. It only took a few months after it's domain name was bought, for it to be fully devoloped. The site started out as a small site without many users. But the Youtube team caught a break when a firm called Sequoia Capital invested 11.5 million dollars in the site. After this, it took off at a phenominal rate during the first few months. Even Myspace's rate of popularity hadn't surpassed Youtube's. There had been 65,000 videos uploaded daily, and 100 million daily views as well. Of course, today they are much higher. In October of 2006, Youtube had been bought by Google for 1.65 billion dollars in stock. Without Google, they would still be making only 15 million dollars a month, which is not much for one of the internet's most popular websites. Now they are making well over that of course. At the moment, Youtube was afraid of copyright-infringement lawsuits being placed. There were other sites out there very similar to Youtube, who would be eager to obtain a piece of their money. For example, Youtube had based their name off of utube. And many more copyright-infringements. So, the Youtube team and Google team came to agreements with these companies. Sequoia Capital had made a wise investment, and their share is now worth over 442 million dollars. In 2008, Youtube, MGM, Lions Gate Entertainment, and CBS came to a deal where Youtube could post movies created by them, which could, and still can, be viewed for free. Youtube's partners extended to 60, and by 2009 they had posted approximately 4,000 full-length films.

Statistics & Demographics:
Youtube is the largest video site on the web, and the current rank of Youtube on the most visited websites in the world, is fourth, right behind Google, Yahoo, and Facebook. Based off of the Youtube Report, 2009, there are some shocking demographics of Youtube. Most people would think that the dominant viewer type would be the teens. But, more than half of the viewer are over the age of 19. Another statistic that was amusing to me, was the fact that 77% of the people who visit Youtube, go intending to watch only one video, but end up watching several. Amazingly, there are 15 hours of video uploaded to Youtube every minute. The average length of those video's is two minutes and 46.17 seconds. An interesting statistic, is that it would take 412.3 years! The average age of video uploader's is 27 years old. 80% of the videos are amateur, uploaded simply to show others. The other 20% are professionally made. The types of videos are as follows: Music - 19.8%, Entertainment - 19%, People & Blogs - 14.2%, Comedy - 13.4%, Sports - 6.9%, Education - 6%, Autos - 5.2%, Film - 4.2%, HowTo - 2.6%, News - 2.6%, Pets - 2.2%, Science - 2.2%, Travel - 1.3%. And here are the demographics of the uploads by each country: USA - 34.5%, UK - 6.9%, Philippines - 3.9%, Turkey - 3.4%, Spain - 3.4%, Canada - 3%, Brazil - 3%, Germany - 2.6%, France - 2.6%, Mexico - 2.6%, Australia - 2.6%. All in all, there are well over 100 million videos uploaded to Youtube at the moment.

Pros:
The main pro that needs to be stressed of Youtube is the fact that Youtube has hundreds of millions of users, so your videos have the potential of being viewed very frequently. Also, you don't have to worry about what you are and are not allowed to upload, because pretty much everything is approved, once you request the upload. But copyright-infringement is sometimes caught. Another obvious pro of Youtube is that it's extremely easy to upload videos the way it's set up. It's also free, which is more than what I can say for other video hosting websites. You can also stay up-to-date with recent uploaded videos from your favorite Youtubes by suscribing to them. And my personal favorite feature of Youtube is how it is also a site for social networking. You can add friends who you may have met commenting on the same video, or your friends from actual life. You can comment their profile. You can also private message them. There is also a Youtube Mobile service for the more up-to-date phone and iPod Touch. Of course, I cannot leave out the brilliant technology the Youtube creators installed. If you have the Adobe Flash Player plug-in, you can playback the videos, which is basically rewinding them. Youtube also accepts many video formats, including .AVI, .MKV, .MOV, .MP4, DivX, .FLV, and .OGG. To me, the most amazing part of their technology is the new 3D videos feature which was implicated in 2009. This is possible, because of a method called anaglyph, which allows you to utilize your 3D glasses if you have them, to watch the videos in 3D! Some other pros of the site include the clean service, the wide variety of videos, the popularity, and so much more that I cannot possibly fit into one review.

Cons:
The limitation of video length applies both time wise, and and file size. If you want to make a video longer than ten minutes, then you have to become a partner with Youtube. Which you shouldn't count on unless your videos are either very informative and meaningful, or extremely popular. Also, if you don't have Adobe Flash Player, no video viewing for you, sadly. And the biggest let down of all, you can't download videos off of Youtube! The world's most popular video site, and you can't even download them. Most of the videos uploaded to Youtube are amateurish at best, which low quality as well. But they are still amusing, and highly entertaining at points of boredom. Overall, the pros of Youtube highly surpass the cons, which is why a 90% rate is appropriate.

Last edited by Cyclone on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Powdersnow
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Powdersnow

Fuji Bucks™ : 1701

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: Re: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 pm

xD Nice job!

I'll make a review about earth Razz
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: Re: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Nice review
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: Re: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Some if it was copy, pasted and moved around but otherwise great review
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: Re: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:16 pm

None of it was, thanks. I would never rip on a review. I love to write.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Anonymous

YouTube Review _
PostSubject: Re: YouTube Review   YouTube Review EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 pm

I believe you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487