Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Martian Chronicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 pm

• Category of your product : Book/ Sci Fi
  • Name of the product : The Martian Chronicles
  • Experience with the product :Read it
  • Website or link to it :Google.com
  • Name of reviewer (optional) :
  • Extra comments:
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:48 pm

I've not read it Very Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 pm

I've read parts, but not enough to give a review.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:14 pm

So go and read :)
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

To tell you the truth, i've never read a full book in my life. Only parts of them. Also, i wouldn't buy a book to write a review. xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm

It's an old book so you might find an online source.
Plus, it's REALLY good.
But if all else fails, just google reviews and aspects.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I don't get it? Why do you want a review on it if you've already read it, and no one else has? I mean, if you're telling me to copy and paste things from other websites, isn't that something you could do?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:55 pm

You can review it and give a synopsis. I'm not asking you to copy and paste. Like 'The Simpsons Game" review. You never played it....you still did a review on it
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm

The Martian Chronicles

The Martian Chronicles The_Martian_Chronicles_by_IgorLaptev

The Martian Chronicles Stars-5

Summary:
The following summay is from Spark Notes. A Martian woman has dreams of a rocket coming down from the sky, containing a light-skinned, blue-eyed creature named Nathaniel York. Her husband is weary, and when the rocket lands, he shoots the men. All over Mars, people begin to hum Earth tunes and have strange dreams. When a second rocket lands, the astronauts get out and explore. They say they are from Earth, but everyone thinks they are crazy people who have hallucinated their rocket. Thus, they are all shot by a psychologist. Meanwhile, on Earth, a crazed taxpayer tries to board the third rocket to Mars, but he is denied. When it lands, the astronauts find themselves in an ideal small American town. They meet their dead relatives and split up to have dinner with lost parents and brothers. Captain John Black goes to bed next to his long-lost brother, only to realize that it is probably all a Martian trap. His "brother" kills him before he can leave the room. A year later, a fourth expedition lands, and it is successful. Almost all the Martians have died of chicken pox, apparently acquired from one of the previous expeditions. Captain Wilder lets his men drink and dance, but this angers the archaeologist in the crew, Jeff Spender. Spender feels humbled by the great Martian civilization and wants the rest of the crew to be dignified. He goes crazy and tries to kill the crew; Wilder reasons with him and is somewhat sympathetic, but finally has to shoot him. Settlers begin to arrive on Mars, drawn by the promise of work. Benjamin Driscoll's job is to plant trees. One morning, after it finally rains, he turns around and sees that the once-barren landscape is now covered with green. Another settler, Toma's Gomez, experiences an even stranger event when, in the middle of nowhere, he runs into a Martian. They cannot touch each other, seeming to exist on different time-planes. The first settlers are rough, but they build churches in little shantytowns just like American towns. Sometimes, their children sneak off to Martian ruins, where countless carcasses are still being cleaned up. They play songs on the Martian bones. Back on Earth, all the Negroes in the American South have banded together to emigrate to Mars. As they walk in an exit parade through one city, a racist white man, Mr. Teece, tries to stop them, but they band together to pay all debts. The racist man weeps and feels lost without them. Back on Mars, a man named William Stendahl has constructed a recreation of the House of Usher. He is bitter that the government has made tales of fantasy illegal. He invites the top politicians responsible for this to a party, at which they are systematically killed. Mars is eventually flooded with retirees. One couple misses their dead son, until one day Tom shows up on their porch. He is actually a Martian who changes shape according to the desires of those around him, and when he goes to town, many people fight over him, each thinking him to be a different person. News comes from Earth that atomic war is imminent. Sam Parkhill, a man from Captain Wilder's expedition, is proud of the hot dog stand he has just opened. Suddenly, some Martians approach him, but he kills them. Finally, he is subdued. They hand over to him their deeds for half of Mars. He is bewildered, until later that night, when he sees Earth burst into flame. All over Mars, people watch, and a radio signal comes to Mars with the words "Come Home." Everyone evacuates. One man, named Walter Gripp, who lives in the mountains, is left behind. He searches desperately for a woman to keep him company, but when he finds Genevieve Selsor, she is disgusting. Twenty years pass, with Hathaway living with his family in a shack on Mars, waiting for a rescue. Finally, a rocket lands. It is Captain Wilder, back from exploring Jupiter and Pluto. He doesn't understand why Hathaway's family has not aged, and as Hathaway suddenly dies of a heart attack, he realizes that they are robots. Back on Earth, a fully automated house is dying. Its occupants died long ago, in the nuclear war, but the house kept washing and playing music every day. A falling tree bough catches it on fire. On Mars, a family has escaped the wasteland of Earth. Dad tells his sons that they are Martians now. Soon another family will arrive, with girls. Dad is happy to have left the foolishness of Earth.

Critic Reviews:
"This book was not what I expected. I assumed that it was your usual novel, with a linear plot and small, related set of characters. Instead, the structure of this book probably better conveys its moral lesson through its framework of loosely related, non-sequential scenes which show us many different facets of the central conflict. I also thought it would be an adventurous space romp, heavy on the scientific wonder and light on the things most familiar to us — a fine addition to the silly and slightly hysterical 1950s sci-fi craze. Instead I found it to be a thoughtful cautionary tale whose thesis applies just as easily to any episode of colonization in our human history, past or present, and to the values we express even today."
-indyscribe.com

"Any reader will immediately see that this is not really a novel, as we usually think about novels. It is choppy and episodic with little connection between chapters. Sometimes a minor character in one chapter will reappear as the main character in a later chapter, and sometimes characters refer to events that happened in an earlier chapter, but the connections remain tenuous. In a way, this structure is beneficial, since the book covers a period of 27 years and an entire planet."
-greenmanreview.com

"the best selling science fiction work of all time"
-mrbillsadventureland.com

I could post an unlimited count of reviews from critics, but as you can see they are all positive. The book appears to be one of the best of all time, with things you wouldn't expect in any ordinary book. By viewing the comments on some of the reviews I read on the book, most people found it to be very intriguing. Since I've never read the book, and don't plan to, this is the most information I can give you. I hope you understand that others' opinions are very postive on the book.

Thanks for reading this review! Be sure to rate it here -- http://www.fujiplanet.net/reviews-section-f5/rate-your-review-t3368.htm
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Nice, though it is mainly copied and pasted, which isnt bad because you couldnt do much else.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes, i gave credit to all sites in the review Shush. Like you said, nothing else i could do.
Back to top Go down
Abhor
Power Shake
Power Shake
Abhor

Fuji Bucks™ : 3384

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 am

I've read the book. I like the part when the house catches fire.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 am

Yeah, nature takes everything in the end.
Nice review.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Archived
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Martian Chronicles _
PostSubject: Re: The Martian Chronicles   The Martian Chronicles Empty

Back to top Go down

The Martian Chronicles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Review Archives-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com