Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

MacDonalds Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

McDonald's spends over 1.8 billion dollars worldwide in advertising and promotions, trying to cultivate an image as a company "green" and "careful" that is also a fun place to eat.
Children are lured in (dragging their parents behind them) with the promise of toys and other gadgets. But behind the smiling face of Ronald McDonald (McDonald's testimonial of the clown) is hiding the truth - the McDonald's only interest is money, making profits from whoever and whatever they can to do so, as it is for all multinational companies .
McDonald's Annual Report speaks of "Global Domination '- they aim to open stores on shops, more and more, in every corner of the world - but their expansion across the globe means more uniformity, less choice and the weakening of community and local cultures.

Advertise unhealthy food
McDonald's promote their food as 'nutritious', but the truth is that it comes to food scam ~ - high in fat, sugar and salt, and low in fiber and vitamins. A diet of this type is linked to a higher risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other diseases. Their food also contains many chemical additives, some of which can cause fever, and hyperactivity in children. Never forget that meat is the major cause of food poisoning incidents. In 1991 McDonald's was responsible for a series of food poisoning in Britain, in which people suffered serious kidney failure. With modern intensive farming methods, other diseases - linked to chemical residues or unnatural practices - have become a danger to people too (such as BSE - the disease of "mad cow").

Exploiting workers
Workers in the fast food industry are paid low wages. McDonald's does not pay overtime rates even when employees work very long hours. The pressure to keep profits means that fewer people are employed than are necessary so that those who are sempe must work faster and harder and harder. As a consequence, accidents (particularly burns) are very common. Most workers People Active McDonald's are people who have little chance of finding work and are forced to accept this type of exploitation, and they're compelled to 'smile'! It is therefore not surprising that staff turnover at McDonald's is high, this makes it virtually impossible to unionize and fight for better working conditions, in most McDonald's has always been opposed to Unions.

Robs the poor
Large areas of land are deforested in poor countries to sell timber or to make room for livestock or for growing fodder to feed animals that are eaten in the West. All this is done at the expense of food resources of those countries held hostage by debt from the World Bank and multinationals. McDonald's advertising and requires continuously produced meat (beef, chicken etc..), Encouraging people to eat meat too often, this means that enormous resources are destroyed to feed the world. 7 million tons of grain produce only 1 million tons of meat and meat products. With a diet based on plants and rational use of land, each region could be self-sufficient in food.

Damages the environment
The forests around the world - are vital to all species of life - are being destroyed at an appalling rate by multinational companies. McDonald's was eventually forced to admit to using beef reared on land where they had been cleared rainforests, undermining the regeneration of these. Consider also that the use of farmland by multinationals leads the inhabitants of those areas to go into other areas and cut down further trees. McDonald's is the world's largest consumer of beef. Methane emitted by cattle reared for the beef industry is a major cause of the problem of "global warming". Modern intensive agriculture is based on the heavy use of chemicals that are damaging the environment.
Each year, McDonald's uses an unimaginable amount of unnecessary packaging types, with an unnecessary waste of paper, cardboard and palstica which often lasts for about one minute (from the counter at the table), many end up as dirt on the street.

Murdering animals
The menus of the burger chains are based on the torture and murder of millions of animals. Most come from alllevamenti intensive, where conditions are indescribable, cannibalism and transform herbivores into carnivores is the rule, animals should never be in the open air and sunshine, and are denied freedom of movement, on the contrary are forced into boxes that barely contain them. Their deaths are barbaric - 'humane slaughter' is a myth. We have the choice to eat meat or not, but the billions of animals killed each year for the food industry and the burgers have no choice at all.

Censorship and process McLibel
The criticisms of McDonald's has come from a large number of people and organizations on various issues. In the mid-eighties, London Greenpeace drew together many of these issues and convened a World Day of Action against McDonald's. This is held every 16 October, with pickets and demonstrations held throughout the world. McDonald's spends a fortune every year on advertising, trying to silence the criticism coming from all over the world by threatening to take legal action against those who protested. Many have been forced to back down because they lacked the money to fight a case like this. But Helen Steel and Dave Morris, two of London Greenpeace, argued a case, the longest libel trial ever held in the high court in Britain, from which McDonald's came out with a big damage to the image. Defense was not available for office so they represented themselves. McDonald's engaged in, refusing to reveal a large amount of documents. Also, the defendants were denied their right is to have a jury. In spite of all the cards stacked against them, Helen and Dave turned the tables by exposing the truth and bringing to trial the dirty business of McDonald's. Meanwhile, protests continue to grow this fast-food giant for 30 billion dollars in revenue each year. E 'vital to stand up to intimidation and to defend freedom of speech.

What can you do
Together we can fight against the institutions and the people in power who dominate our lives and our planet, and we can create a society without exploitation / ee without exploitation. Workers can and do organize together to fight for their rights and their dignity.
People are increasingly careful about nutrition, we and our children. The populations of poor countries are beginning to organize against the banks and corporations that dominate the world economy. Environmental protests and campaigns for the rights of animals are growing everywhere. Why not join the struggle for a better world. Talk to friends, friends, neighbors and workmates about this problem.

Note: I DID NOT WRITE THIS MYSELF. It's all copied from this Last.fm page. http://www.last.fm/group/anti-McDonald%27s?setlang=en. I just think it's important to inform you kiddos about how bad McDonalds (same thing counts for KFC, Burger King, etc.) is for you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Nice, but perhaps a bit too negative.

I won't self it because you didn't write it. I'll put it in the self reviews with a tag on the title.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:05 pm

It is negative, because of Bart's positive review. I am just warning you. McDonalds is shit.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Since this isn't self, I'll move it to Off Topic. & I've never used this, but tl;dr
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:34 am

I haven't had MacDonalds in ages. There is just too many negatives about MacDonalds.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:03 am

Cyclone wrote:
Since this isn't self, I'll move it to Off Topic. & I've never used this, but tl;dr
You should read it. Especially the part about animal murder. I am strongly against Mac Donalds because I am a vegetarian and strongly against the slaughter of animals, and especially mistreated ones. Animals can't protect themselves, as it says in the article, and we are able to make the choice to eat (or mistreat) them or not.
Therefore I've posted this.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:04 pm

McDonalds sucks. Who's up for Steak N' Shake?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:50 pm

It's not just McDonalds - it's about all the fast food companies.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Rehua wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
You should read it. Especially the part about animal murder. I am strongly against Mac Donalds because I am a vegetarian and strongly against the slaughter of animals, and especially mistreated ones. Animals can't protect themselves, as it says in the article, and we are able to make the choice to eat (or mistreat) them or not.
Animal murder... well, that's why god put them on earth.. for food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Cyclone wrote:
Rehua wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
Lies. Humans are animals themselves. Unless you are a cannibal, your argument is invalid.
Besides that, animals, and everything else on this world, is part of our ecosystem, that's why we/ they are here.
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

Fuji Bucks™ : 2989

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:58 pm

i hate mcdonals, but fuck you, im eating that cow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Invisifly2?feature=mhum#p/a
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Chaiun, I would like to let you know I just enjoyed 2 hamburgers, 2 large fries and a Coke from McDonald's.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:11 am

Once again MacDonald's is shit, most of their food is plastic.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:48 am

Einsteinean wrote:
Chaiun, I would like to let you know I just enjoyed 2 hamburgers, 2 large fries and a Coke from McDonald's.
Then I want to congratulate you with gaining about 1-2 kilos, and helping murdering an innocent animal.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:01 am

Rehua wrote:
Einsteinean wrote:
Then I want to congratulate you with gaining about 1-2 kilos, and helping murdering an innocent animal.

+1 rep.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm a hunter, but I'm also a bussinessman. I don't find fault in it as long as it's a moneymaker.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:59 pm

If what they are doing doesn't break any laws, i can't complain...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:21 pm

It's all about your values and beliefs. It's amazing how much stuff in the world is controlled by beliefs, and how much should not be controlled by beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Friendly Fiend
Friendly Fiend
Chip

Fuji Bucks™ : 3661

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Rehua wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
Lies. Humans are animals themselves. Unless you are a cannibal, your argument is invalid.
Well, everything is part of a natural food chain, so you can't really argue cannibalism, becuase if you did, then you're labeling everything that eats meat a cannibal.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:00 pm

+1 Chip

Einsteinean wrote:
I'm a hunter, but I'm also a bussinessman. I don't find fault in it as long as it's a moneymaker.

I don't see hunting as wrong as long as it's legal and the species isn't endangered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Timmy wrote:

It's not actually plastic, it's made of the chemicals that go into plastic.

There's a difference.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:39 am

Einsteinean wrote:
Timmy wrote:

It's not actually plastic, it's made of the chemicals that go into plastic.

There's a difference.
Which is extremely unhealthy, thanks for proving one of my points.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:51 pm

No problem, I'll gladly admit the food is shit as far as health is conerned, but I will defend the use of animal beef in the food all day long.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Einsteinean wrote:
No problem, I'll gladly admit the food is shit as far as health is conerned, but I will defend the use of animal beef in the food all day long.
I don't see how will you defend it. And it will extinguish once anyway. (Diseases in the bio industry will eventually not being able to provoke anymore)
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:42 am

Look, that's America/Europe/China etc. Australia mostly uses fresh meat, otherwise, it's frozen cow tongues they use. Besides from that, Mcdonalds is good. Now for your meat dicussion, i agree with you not liking meat because your a vegetarian. But honestly, your saying humans are animals, meaning we "animals" are eating other animals. So basically, it a natural thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MacDonalds Review _
PostSubject: Re: MacDonalds Review   MacDonalds Review Empty

Back to top Go down

MacDonalds Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Off Topic-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com