Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Self Review] Tetris

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

Fuji Bucks™ : 1461

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 am

Tetris was created in 1984 by Alexey Pajitnov, a Russian guy with a beard.

[Self Review] Tetris Tetris

No, this is not a screenshot of one of my games. I don't have any of those, because I don't care for Tetris very much, and I really haven't ever thought of this game being worth taking a screenshot of anyway. It isn't like anyone cares where you put each block anyways. The fact that you even have a screenshot with blocks on it generally implies that you're an amateur player who can't clear any rows.

This game has got to be the biggest disappointment in all of gaming, next to Spore. Just about every game made around the time of Tetris was entertaining, but Tetris has always been a failure in my eyes.

Why shouldn't you play it?
-There's almost no such thing as a second chance in Tetris. If you put a block in the wrong spot, you'll have to wait ages just to clear one row that that particular block had occupied. You can't move a block after it has landed; if any part of it is on top of another block, it's going to be hell to get rid of any rows below it.
-It's entirely luck-based, so skill doesn't matter much in this game, unless you're a really bad player. What matters is what blocks you get. If all you need to clear one row is any block other than a 2x2 square, but all you get for the rest of the game are 2x2 squares, it ruins the whole game, because there's no possible way to fill in just one square with a 2x2.
-Because of this luck issue, an amateur who gets the right block every time could get a celestial score, while a genius who can't seem to get the right blocks would get a very low score, and even if you're the genius who can plan ahead and put blocks in near-perfect places, there will always be that one lucky fool with the amazingly high score that you'll never beat as long as you live.
-It's an all-around boring game, and it isn't even worth playing for 15 minutes, if your luck manages to last that long.

That concludes my very first review. I hope you enjoyed reading it. If you didn't enjoy reading it, keep reading it over and over until you do. If you still don't enjoy it by then, read it one more time, and if you don't enjoy it after that one last time, I may be forced to write a review about why you should enjoy this review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.meeblingsworld.com/Ernie
JesterDon IVVVI
JesterDon IVVVI

Fuji Bucks™ : 4724

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 am

Quote :
The fact that you even have a screenshot with blocks on it generally implies that you're an amateur player who can't clear any rows.
LMAO!!

Nice review dude, definitely do more.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/141mio3.jpg
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 am

I would if I had something to write about besides disappointing games...
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 am

Nice review.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 am

Lol, this is your opinion, it's not the worse game ever. Nice review BTW.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 pm

I remember getting a score over one million.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Rehua wrote:

The real question isn't how you managed to do it, but why you actually sat there playing this awful game for so many hours.

It's almost like saying you got a Pong score of over a million.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Ernie wrote:
Rehua wrote:

The real question isn't how you managed to do it, but why you actually sat there playing this awful game for so many hours.

It's almost like saying you got a Pong score of over a million.
No, I was able to pause the game, and I don't remember, it was on a bad Dutch copy of the Gameboy Colour; I played it when I was six.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Six years old you say? Well, that would explain why you were playing Tetris, but why for so long? I wouldn't think even pausing the game would make it playable for that amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't know, I probably was proud of myself because of the big number displayed under the game.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Selfed

Nice one Ernie. Glad you found that you can make topics here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Indeed, but not in the section that I'm posting this particular post in right now.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Good review dude, but I disagree with your view on the game.
Back to top Go down
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 am

You said Tetris was dissapointing.Now go play E.T for Atari.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Self Review] Tetris _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Tetris   [Self Review] Tetris Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review] Tetris

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Free forum | Computers and Internet | Internet | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com