Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Self Review] TiK ToK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

Fuji Bucks™ : 1461

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 am

Big "T". Little "i". Big "K". Who thought of such a way of spelling a word in which both the first and the last letter are capitalized? Apparently, the unnamed record producer of this.....person:

[Self Review] TiK ToK Kesha

Are those Kanye glasses? Ironic, isn't it...

What I'm wondering is who actually wrote these lyrics. Whoever did wasn't thinking at all.

Let's have ourselves a look at the first line, shall we?

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy

Okay, first of all, P Diddy probably feels like shit when he wakes up, due to all of that drinking and partying. He doesn't wake up thinking that he has a great life or that he's carefree, and he probably doesn't look forward to partying at that point. All he feels is a massive headache when he wakes up, which is probably in front of the toilet. Ke$ha has it all wrong. The line should be more along these lines:

"Wake up in the morning feeling like Bill Gates"

Now there's a rich guy who can actually remember what he had for dinner the night before.

Let's take a look at this next line:

Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack

I know I skipped a line, but the line in between just wasn't very important.

Okay, first off, why is she about to leave right after she wakes up? Is she waking up at 7 PM? Without even a regurgitory trip to the terlet? Second, she's wasting a lot of money on tooth-brushing whiskey when she could just get it at her party for free. If she wants to get the vomit flavor out of her mouth, she can at least wait until she gets to the party, or wherever the hell she's going to.

I'll skip ahead a bit...

Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight

And then what? You just go home because it's light outside?

If everyone drinks as much as Ke$ha does, I'm sure they'd all be too passed-out to.....well, let's face it, once you're passed-out, you can't really do very many things. What I want to know is who manages to get Ke$ha home every night. She drinks so much that she's lucky to get to the curb on her own two feet. Yet somehow she manages to wake up in her own home at 7 PM every evening.

Tick tock on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

But the party does stop, yes. You said it yourself, Ke$ha, the party stops when you see the sunlight. Ke$ha probably has a hard time remembering when the party stops, if she even manages to stay conscious that long.

Ain't got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here

That's such a stupid line. I don't even want to discuss it, because it's just so stupid. It's like someone took two separate lines from completely different parts of the song and strung them together to make a rhyme and/or to save space.

But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

This is my favorite line in the whole song. The person who wrote the song has obviously never seen what Mick Jagger looks like.

[Self Review] TiK ToK Mick_Jagger_0

Either that or Ke$ha has one hell of a ridiculous taste in men. Seriously, he looks like someone's grandmother...

Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk

Okay, all I can say here is that Ke$ha has turned into a hypocrite at this point. I don't even know how it's possible for someone to be "too drunk" for her. She drinks more than.....well, she drinks an awful lot, that's for damn sure.

Now, now, we go until they kick us out, out

When who kicks you out? Where the hell is this party...?

Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in

I guess if she doesn't show up, there's no party. Shame. So many people showing up for what they thought was going to be a party. Good thing Ke$ha's a raging alcoholic who will go to any cost just to get to that party!

I know I skipped quite a few lines, but honestly, most of this song is just filler. I just picked out the most ignorantly written ones to review. Nobody would read the review if it went line-by-line. If you've gotten this far, I will award you with this jumping smiley emoticon.
[Self Review] TiK ToK 881224

THE END
Back to top Go down
http://www.meeblingsworld.com/Ernie
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 am

Lol 11/10 Review Wink
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:40 am

Ernie, they are called lyrics pal. Wow. Not everything said in a song will be true.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

Fuji Bucks™ : 2963

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Ernie that was absolutely brilliant. I actually laughed on a few parts of the review. That may be, perhaps, my favorite of your reviews. I would have never thought of that.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Cyclone wrote:
Ernie, they are called lyrics pal. Wow. Not everything said in a song will be true.
But should make sense.

Great review.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Cyclone wrote:

That is quite true because most lyrics from artists such as Ke$ha do not make sense. However, the fact that Ernie took out some of the lyrics and gave his own opinions on why it does not make sense and provided many examples with all these lyrics, and even 2 photographs,it should be acknowledged as a vailid review, a creative review as well.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Cyclone wrote:

If you read the review, you'd notice that although I did criticize the lyrics an awful lot, I never once said that they were true.

Besides, who listens to a song about plain facts? Not even I do that. If this song were just plain facts, I'd criticize it even more.

Last edited by Ernie on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm

That is a reasonable statement.
Back to top Go down
JesterDon IVVVI
JesterDon IVVVI

Fuji Bucks™ : 4724

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Great review!!

The Mick Jagger line makes absolutely no sense, and it just sounds tacky.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/141mio3.jpg
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

JesterDon IVVVI wrote:
Great review!!

The Mick Jagger line makes absolutely no sense, and it just sounds tacky.

i always wondered why she would put something so astonishingly stupid in her song. But then I cam to the realization that she is just utterly stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

They just needed something to rhyme with "swagger", which is just moronic, because they could have changed that word instead of adding a new one that rhymed with it.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 pm

This made me laugh quite a bit! What a dumb, thoughtless, meaningless song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Stupid song, but taking lyrics out of context and criticizing them for things that are the same in every Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, and Katy Perry song is not right.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 pm

jshushij wrote:
Stupid song, but taking lyrics out of context and criticizing them for things that are the same in every Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Britney Spears, and Katy Perry song is not right.

Now you're just generalizing here. I'm taking lyrics of a specific song out of context, and you're just assuming that because the three others that you mentioned are all female pop singers, they all sing about this stuff. I've listened to enough of their songs against my will to know that they all sing about completely different things.

And I chose this song specifically because it was poorly written. Most of the other songs by female pop singers may have some weird lyrics these days, but they aren't poorly written like this one is.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Almost all of them have poor-written lyrics imo. And im not trying to generalize. They mainly talk about parties, booze, and drugs in their songs.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Indeed, some of them are poorly written. However, not many of them are as hilariously poorly written as this one.

Besides, what the hell do you want me to do? Review every song involving "parties, booze & drugs" in the lyrics? Hell no, because that would just be more generalizing, not to mention an unbearably long review that nobody would want to read.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 pm

I agree with Tristan yo. I don't know what kids in school did to you when you were young, but you over analyze way to much.

Maybe she means she has a hangover when she wakes up in the morning, and so does P diddy?
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Whatif wrote:
I agree with Tristan yo. I don't know what kids in school did to you when you were young, but you over analyze way to much.

Maybe she means she has a hangover when she wakes up in the morning, and so does P diddy?

It's meant to be overdoneI believe.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:41 pm

But it's wrong. You can be sarcastic, but you gotta be right when you are.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Whatif wrote:

Analysis isn't a bad thing unless you're an uptight little robot who only reads straight from the manual. Those robots are incredibly passive and they aren't capable of thinking for themselves.

If a review is all facts, it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever to write, and I could theoretically just create a reviewbot to gather facts about the subject and assemble them with just a few clicks of the mouse. If that's what you see in a review, you might as well just call the reviewers group "Bots" and create another group for the people who can actually analyze information and put it to their own voice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 pm

They way you deliver those facts means a lot. You can always include your opinions, but this has no factual backbone. Just you taking the lyrics and twisting threads with them.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:49 pm

I think Whatif is trying to say that a review can be opinionated, but it just has to be supported by evidence. And frankly I dont completely agree with that. I just think providing examples that you as the reviewer have put together is good enough, in simple terms.
Back to top Go down
Ernie
Melody Master
Melody Master
Ernie

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Whatif wrote:
They way you deliver those facts means a lot. You can always include your opinions, but this has no factual backbone. Just you taking the lyrics and twisting threads with them.

What factual backbone could I possibly use for an analytical review? I did provide a picture of Mick Jagger and how he looked like he could be his own grandmother. That's about all that was required in this review.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 am

The title is Tik Tok...So give facts on Tik Tok?
Back to top Go down
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 am

Hilarous review.I think they wrote the song after getting drunk:/.LOL MICK JAGGER.                           Lol. College Humor parodied this song so awesomeXD. Just SeeXD.
                                TiK ToK Parody By College Humor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Self Review] TiK ToK _
PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] TiK ToK   [Self Review] TiK ToK Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review] TiK ToK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com