Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

[Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

Fuji Bucks™ : 2963

[Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth _
PostSubject: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

The Scam

Throughout the years there has been an industry that has been eating our money away. Millions of people have wasted their money year after year on this industry. In fact, the average american family will spend thousands of dollars on just this one industry every year. What is this industry that I am reffering to? That's right, I'm reffering to the Card Industry

Now you may be asking yourself what kind of cards I am reffering to. Am I talking about credit cards? Am I reffering to poker cards? No, i am reffering to cards such as greeting cards. This may include birthday cards, fathers day cards, mothers day cards, birthday cards, or the famous "Get well soon" cards or the "Thank you card", or perhaps the "Thinking of you card".

What's the big deal?

Do you honestly want to spend $3.49 on a crappy little birthday card that someone took 5 minutes to make and just photocopied thousands of the same card? Of course you dont. That's just absured. However, you still do. You still march yourself down to a store and buy the cards that stores such as Hallmark offer. You become totally oblivious in regards to how much money you are spending. This is because it has become a tradition. A tradition that is causing you to lose money when the economy is remains unstable.

A Perfect Example

Now let's do a little excercise that will explain this scam more clearly. Think about all the years you have obtained cards for every special occasion you can think of in your life. You must have been so thankful for the first 5 seconds you got them. However, about 90% of the time, a card comes with a gift. So, majority of the time you would have obtained a gift and a card. Normally, you would read the card first because you want to save the gift for last. Once you are finished reading the card, and I use the term "reading" loosely, you throw it on the ground and go straight to the present. Then, you would either throw the card into your desk and never see the lights of it again or just simply throw it away. Now, let's play a little game. It's called "Find all your cards." See if you can locate any cards that you have obtained throughout your whole life. Now, ask your parents to do the same. Ask your neighbors. Ask your friends. Ask your whole family. Chances are that you and your loved ones, friends, and neighbors cannot find many cards that you have received in the past, if any, or you had to dig around your house to find them. Now if you do keep all the cards you have obtained through the years, just count how many you have received. But of course you wont, because there are too many. This is one major reason why the Card Industry is one of the major scams of this earth. Because they sell us meaningless pieces of paper that someone else made so we can show how much we care about our loved ones. How thoughtful of us [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth 472110

Solution #1

There is a solution to this problem, as a matter of fact. It's a solution that we, especially for my fellow americans, believe is nearly impossible. I'm talking, of course, about do it your fucking self. Now, i understand, you have a busy schedule. It's difficult to know that Twitter is constantly awaiting your arrival. I understand you can't take 5-10 minutes of your day to make a card. I understand. It is truly is a hassle. Because most people today are, well, frankly we are lazy. There is no denying it. 90% of the population are lazy these days. There is no denying it. We find the easy way out of things, especially in spoiled countries such as America. Such an example on how we spoil ourselves is fast food. We tell ourselves it's easy, it's quick, and it's only a few more pounds, I can burn that off at some point. This is the same way we think when we buy cards. It's simple, all we have to do is pull a card out of a shelf or buy one online, and all we have to do is sign our names and maybe write down a few words, and even this can prove to be too difficult to some people.

Solution #2

The other solution may be suitable to most lazy people. Just exclude the card all together. 99% of the population doesn't care about the card anyways. An expression of love to someone or an expression of an emotion should not have to be written down or expressed with a piece of paper. It should be verbally communicated. I know what you are thinking. I am being completely and utterly biased. And, as a matter of fact, you are thinking correctly. The Card Industry scams you into buying meaningless cards. Pardon the redundency, but we need to realize what we are truly doing when we are buying a card.

The Big Picture

As heartbreaking as this is, this scam will not stop. Majority of us have been sucked into the illusion of being forced to buy cards. However, the card industry has taken away the values of what we used to have, and thus, it has allowed for laziness and thoughtfulness to thrive in this world, and will continue to do so.

*Note: This may not relate to everyone. This is regarding the majority of the population, not necessarily everyone.

If you read everything, congratulations, you will receive a "Thank you" card from your's truley. [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth Icon_razz

Last edited by Jake on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Nice review, and agreed. Didn't realize it though.

~Selfed
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

Fuji Bucks™ : 528

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Amen. I completely agree with you Jake (once again, hehe)
I actually like to make pop-up cards for Father's and Mother's Day because I'm just bored.

But what I don't completely agree on is that some people (sensitive people. AKA me) actually do keep their cards and actually enjoy them.

This reminds me of Diary of Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw pages 89-91
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/MrMega
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:21 pm

MrMega wrote:
But what I don't completely agree on is that some people (sensitive people. AKA me) actually do keep their cards and actually enjoy them.

I did say majority of people these days. And it's different if you actually care about them, rather than throwing them away in some abandoned place in your room.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

+1 I never really thought about this. I'd much rather call someone on the phone if I can't get to the in person, or even make my own card than buy one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:
+1 I never really thought about this. I'd much rather call someone on the phone if I can't get to the in person, or even make my own card than buy one.

Thanks. I've had this opinion for quite a while
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 am

Nice dude. While Ive kept a lot of my cards, though theyre somewhere in the storage room in my basement, I do think theyre meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

jshushij wrote:
Nice dude. While Ive kept a lot of my cards, though theyre somewhere in the storage room in my basement, I do think theyre meaningless.
Yeah, based on experience and asking other people regarding this kind of situation, that is normally the case. But if you do keep cards and think they are meaningfull, that is good, but just look how many you have [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth Icon_eek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth   [Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review] One of the biggest scams of the earth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com