Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

[Self Review] Infinity On High

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

[Self Review] Infinity On High _
PostSubject: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Alright before I start, this is not a review to try and make me a reviewer, this is just a self review.

Infinity On High - Fall Out Boy
[Self Review] Infinity On High Infinityonhigh

Short Information about Fall Out Boy:
Fall Out Boy came together in 2001 from Illinois. Most of them were from failed rock bands trying to make it big. The band first started when Joe Trohman and Pete Wentz disbanded from another Chicago rock band. Joe Trohman then met Patrick Stump in a bookstore and soon auditioned for drums, but his vocal talent was discovered and was made lead singer.
List of band members of Fall Out Boy

• Pete Wentz - Bass, backing vocals (2001 - 2010)
  • Patrick Stump - Leading vocals, rythem guitar (2001 - 2010)
  • Joe Trohman - Lead guitar, backing vocals (2001 - 2010)
  • Andy Hurly - Drums (2003 - 2010)
  • T.J Kunasch - Rythem guitar (2001 - 2003)
  • Mike Pareskuwicz - Drums (2001 - 2003)

After their first album Evening Out With Your Girlfriend, T.J and Mike quit the band and Andy Hurly joined the band. Take This To Your Grave was their second album which was much more successful than their first one, then their 3rd album From Under The Cork Tree was their ticket to stardom. The band's quality of songs kept coming with Infinity On High (which I shall be reviewing) and Folie A Deux. Finally their last album was a greatest hits album called "Believers Never Die" which featured 2 new songs. Now the band is on a hiatus which just means they have broken up. Joe Trohman and Andy Hurly joined a metal band, Pete Wentz is forming a new rock band while Patrick Stump is making a solo album which is soon to be realesed sometime in Spring/Fall.

Infinity On High
Infinity On High is the band's 4th studio album. It was released internationally on Feburary 5 and released in the USA on the 6th. This album was a follow up with their recent success from their 3rd studio album "From Under The Cork Tree". The name "Infinity On High" is said to come from a letter written by Vincent Van Gough, writing to his brother with the line "Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all". Pete Wentz used this album to get his view about certain things to everyone such as the song "This Ain't a Scene, It's An Arm's Race" where he wrote about that he angry and sick of the emo scene and in the song "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" he wrote about breaking up with a girl, but they still have sex and they start to think wonder if the chemistry of the relationship is still there. The follow up to this album was Folie A Dux which was released in 2009.

Tracks:
The tracks from this CD are...
1. Thriller
2. The Take Over, The Break's Over
3. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm's Race
4. Me & You
5. Hum Hallelujah
6. Golden
7. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (Thanks For The Memories)
8. Don't You Know Who I Think I Am
9. The (After) Life of the Party
10. The Carpel Tunnel of Love
11. Bang The Doldrums
12. Fame < Infamy
13. Your Crashing But You're No Wave
14. I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears and None on My Fingers
15. G.I.N.A.S.F.S
Bonus Tracks
1. It's Hard To Say I Do When I Don't

Music Videos
The band made music videos for "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm's Race", "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs", The Take Over, the Break's Over" and "Me & You" which was a different sort of music video, the band wanted to show the effects of the Uganda Civil War and how children were separated from their families and had to fight against each other.

Charts
This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arm's Race came in at #2 on the billboard's Hot 100.
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs came in at #3 on the Australian Charts.

The Album itself finished at #1 on the Billboard 200 and #4 on the Australian ARIA charts.

Final Summary
This album is special to me because this was the first Fall Out Boy album I had bought and it really got me into the band. This is probably my all time favourite album. Fall Out Boy had really done well this album and all the professional review show that. It is a shame that the band broke up

5/5

P.S I would appreciate it if you didn't post "Fall Out Boy is shit, I hate them" or anything like that. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 am

Veryyy impressive bro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Abhor
Power Shake
Power Shake
Abhor

Fuji Bucks™ : 3384

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:21 am

Nice review. Although I like Folie a Deux better (5th album me thinks)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:06 am

Nice review. Selfed
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Very good Tim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:28 am

Btw, posting anything negative about the band will get verbal warnings, ok?
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 am

Abhor wrote:
Nice review. Although I like Folie a Deux better (5th album me thinks)
Yea that was a good album, I may do a review of that one.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 am

Infinity on High is the only FOB album i got. And i got the 2 disc special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Infinity On High   [Self Review] Infinity On High Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review] Infinity On High

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com