Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

[Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

[Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy _
PostSubject: [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy   [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 am

Folie a Deux
[Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy Folie-deux-album-cover--large-msg-122141948151

The Making of Folie a Deux:
I won't start off with a little summary about the band Fall Out Boy, if you wish to see that little summary please read my Infinity on High review please.
After the massive success of Infinity on High, Fall Out Boy decided to start making their fifth studio album "Folie a Deux". Fall Out Boy wanted to go back to what they were in the early start to their musical career and they certainly did that. On "Friends or Enemies" website Pete Wentz posted a list of a few songs that were going to be on the album, they included "Never Believe" (which turned out to be "Coffee's For Closers) and "Does Your Husband Know" (which turned out to be "Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet"). The band were going to release it on November 4th 2008, but then said that that date was in doubt. They thought it would be a fun idea release it on Election Day. "Six months ago we thought it would be a fun idea to release our album on election day but this is not the election to be cute. We felt as though rather than making a commentary we were only riding the wave of the election. This seemed less and less like what we intended to do and more of a gimmick. It is now in the hands of our label to give us a new release date. It is our intent to get our record out this year and as soon as possible -- as we made sure to have it done in time for its original release".
The words "Folie a Deux" means "A Shared Madness by Two".

Success With Folie a Deux:
In it's first week of being released, the album sold over 150,000 copies in the U.S and was placed No.8 on the Billboard 200. The album went to gold on January 27th 2009, a little over a month since it was realesed. Folie a Deux was realesed on December 10 2008 in Japan, December 13 2008 in Australia, December 14 2008 in the U.K and December 17th in the U.S.

Singles and Music Videos:
The band had made several singles and music videos for Folie a Deux, they included: "I Don't Care", "America's Suitehearts", "Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet", "Beat It" and "What a Catch Donnie". The song What a Catch Donnie was a special song for Patrick Stump and he wanted to make a music video for it. When this music video was realesed it was then that sparked the rumor the Fall Out Boy were breaking up. At the end of the video it shows a burning ship and Patrick Stump has saved everyone on the boat except for Pete Wentz who goes down with the boat. This was a very sad music video for all Fall Out Boy fans.

Tracks:
1. Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes
2. I Don't Care
3. She's My Winona
4. America's Suitehearts
5. Headfirst Silde into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet
6. The (Shipped) Gold Standard
7. (Coffee's for Closers)
8. What A Catch, Donnie
9. 27
10. Tiffany Blews
11. W.A.M.S
12. 20 Dollar Nose Bleed
13. West Coast Smoker
Bonus Tracks
1. I Don't Care (Remix)
2. America's Suitehearts (Remix)
3. Pavlove
4. Beat It

Beat It:
Fall Out Boy still wanted to prove that they can be considered as General Rock and not Alternative or Emo rock. They did their own remake of Beat It, which was pretty good remake of the Micheal Jackson version. When asked about the song Pete Wentz said that he would've loved to talk to Micheal about Beat It, but they couldn't after Micheal sadly past away.

Reviews:
Folie a Deux had got some excellent reviews and ratings. Most of them 3.5 - 4.5 stars.

Ending Summary:
Once again Folie a Deux was one of my favourite Fall Out Boy album's. Little did everyone know that when this album was realesed that it was the end of the Fall Out Boy era. But if you look around on different sites, people from around the world still unite to talk about one of the greatest bands of the 2000's.
My Rating: 5/5.

Note: Words in italics are actual quotes from the band Fall Out Boy.

Last edited by Timmy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy   [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:53 am

Pretty good. You have a coding error and the picture isnt showing up though. Fix that and I'll Self it. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy   [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:37 am

The review is finished.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy   [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:25 am

Selfed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy   [Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review] Folie a Deux - Fall Out Boy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com