Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

[Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

[Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews _
PostSubject: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:41 am

Ok, I have gotten permission to do this by Shush. I am going to have all of my Fall Out Boy reviews on the one thread, so don't annoy me by posting "OMG YOU DOUBLE POSTED" I have permission to do this.

Fall Out Boy: The Band
[Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews 01-fallout-boy-present-400a032207

Introduction:
If some of you know me very well, you will know that my favorite band in the world is Fall Out Boy, I love their music style and I don't really care if some people call it Emo rock, it is not emo rock, it is more like Alternative rock. It is a shame they are on a hiatus, but I can understand why, they released two albums in 2 years and they did a lot of touring in those 2 years.

How They Started:
Fall Out Boy came together in 2001 from Illinois. Most of them were from failed rock bands trying to make it big. The band first started when Joe Trohman and Pete Wentz disbanded from another Chicago rock band. Joe Trohman then met Patrick Stump in a bookstore and soon auditioned for drums, but his vocal talent was discovered and was made lead singer.
During their first album they had 5 members, but that was cut down to 4 when two of the members quit and Andy Hurly replaced the drummer, from then on Fall Out Boy had made a massive impact on American rock music.

List Of Albums:
  1. Evening Out With Your Girlfriend
  2. Take This To Your Grave
  3. From Under The Cork Tree
  4. Infinity On High
  5. Folie a Deux
  6. Believers Never Die

How They Got The Name "Fall Out Boy":
When the band just started, they were playing at a gig and they still did not have a name. They asked the crowd to give some suggestions on what they think should be name of the band. Someone in the crowd shouted out "Fall Out Boy", referring to the Simpsons character "Fallout Boy", the name stuck with the band and from then on they continued to use that name.

The Early Years:
Fall Out Boy made their debut album in 2002 called "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend", it wasn't the kick start they wanted. The album rated really bad and the band came out saying that if you are a die hard Fall Out Boy fan that you should buy the album, but if you're not then don't waste your money. After the so called "failed album" they band went back to basics and started performing local gigs in their home state of Illinois, in the same year the band also signed with Fueled by Ramen and recorded their first full length album "Take This To Your Grave", they also signed with Island Records to make that album their proper debut album, but I still think that Evening Out With Your Girlfriend is their debut album.

Going Forward:
Before the band moved onto to make their 3rd studio album "From Under The Cork Tree", they released a mixed tape that was produced by "Fueled By Ramen". This mix-tape or EP went to #153 on the Billboard 200. This mixtape tape was a 2 disc set with the 2nd disc holding extras, such as music videos and a photo gallery.

On the Top:
Fall Out Boy finally found the fame that they were looking for. In 2005 they released their 3rd studio album "From Under The Cork Tree". This album sold 68,000 copies in the first week and it achieved double platinum when it had sold over 2.5 million copies in the US alone. The music video for "Sugar We're Going Down" won an award at the MTV music video awards and the band was nominated for "Best New Artist" at the 2006 Grammies.

Overdose and Addiction:
While Fall Out Boy were living the life of luxury, Pete Wentz was having some tough times. He was diagnosed with bi polar disease and he tried to commit suicide by taking an overdose for anxiety medicine. Fortunatly he failed at the suicide attempt and was forced to stay at the hospital for a week. He later wrote a song about his suicide attempt and was featured on the album "From Under the Cork Tree". In a documentary about the band, they asked one of Pete Wentz's school friends and he said that he wasn't surprised that hew read in the newspaper that Pete tried to kill himself saying "That's Pete Wentz alright".

King Of Pop Rock:
With the releases of Infinity On High and Folie a Deux, Fall Out Boy was one of the well known bands of the 2000's and almost everyone knew who they were. Infinity on High and Folie a Deux were on of the top selling albums in the US and across the world.

Greatest Hits and the End?:
With the release of the band's greatest hits album, it was only a matter of time until the band would disband and move on. On the new Greatest hits album it featured two new songs for the loyal Fall Out Boy fans. A few weeks after the album was released Pete Wentz said that the band was on a definite hiatus on that he needs to focus on his family life. "I think the world need's a little less of Pete Wentz". During Februarary this "hiatus" was spinning out of control with Andy Hurly and Joe Trohman being confused by Patrick Stump's comments and Pete Wentz's comments. Joe and Andy had both tweeted saying that they quit. Over the next five days, Pete Wentz was trying to tell people that the band is not breaking up, they are just taking a break, he also said that this whole event was blown out of proportion.

Final Summary:
It saddens me that Fall Out Boy aren't still making music for the time being and I hope for their return to the music scene. I think that the band is one of the greatest bands in the history, the haters can have their opinion, but I think all FOB fans would agree with me... Next up in this thread will be the "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" review. Thanks For reading.

Last edited by Timmy on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:43 pm

PM me how you want it to be
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Anybody accusing him of double posting will get a verbal warning.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 am

Ok this is gonna be really short because there isn't alot of information about this album...

Evening Out With Your Girlfriend
[Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews Album-evening-out-with-your-girlfriend

Evening Out With Your Girlfriend:
Evening Out With Your Girlfriend was Fall Out Boy's debut album which entered them into the American rock scene. The album was released sometime around 2002, but was remastered in 2005 following the success of their 3rd album "From Under The Cork Tree. After the band formed in 2001 it took a year and a bit to get this album together because they did not get a lot of time during the day because Patrick Stump (leading vocals) was still a 17 year old teenager still in High School. This album didn't really rate extremely well on the charts and the band actually told FOB fans just to download it from the internet and not to bother wasting their money buying it from a store.

Tracks:
1. Honorable Mention
2. Calm Before the Storm
3. Switchblades and Infidelity
4. Pretty In Punk
5. Growing Up
6. The World's Not Waiting (For Five Tired Boys in a Broken Down Van)
7. Short, Fast and Loud
8. Moving Pictures
9. Parker Lewis Can't Lose
10. Come On Now

WILL ADD ONTO THIS
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:27 am

Do you want me to self it? Or wait til you finish the whole review?
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:08 am

Let shush do this, he knows what I am planning to do with this thread. Also when all the reviews are complete, can we either remove/delete the posts in between each review.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 am

I can see if theres a way to move them to the bottom. Otherwise, I will either delete them or have you make a new thread where all of the posts can be together.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:42 am

I don't think there's a way to move the posts. But I'm not exactly sure.

We'll just have to delete the posts in between the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 pm

That would be a good idea, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:26 pm

No prob. As a matter of fact now that you're G Mod you can do it.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:17 am

Yes I can do it.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Timmy, are you going to do this or what?
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:43 am

Yes I will. It's just that other things I need to do here as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews   [Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

[Self Review]Fall Out Boy Reviews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com