Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

The 5 main browser review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

The 5 main browser review. _
PostSubject: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 am

Spoiler:

The 5 main browser review. Stars-5

Firefox is just awesome, you can download persona's for free which look awesome, it runs really fast and it's got this a/A thing which makes writing reviews a whole lot easier. Sure, it takes up more space than it should and it doesn't log in for you automatically but that's actually smarter because of security reasons. Firefox was first created in 2004, it is now the browser which is second used in the world. More than 25% of computer users use this browser, the browser kinda follows closely to another browser name "Gecko". This is the browser that is my favourite.

Spoiler:

The 5 main browser review. Stars-4-5

Chrome is alright for a browser, it's not my worse browser I've used, however I personality think Firefox is better. It's surprisingly the 2nd fastest browser I've used that is after Firefox and it's a little bit better with youtube because Google owns Youtube. However, it sometimes crashes and it doesn't have the a/A thing which kinda put me off the browser. This is one of the newer browsers, which was created in 2008, it is the 3rd widely used browser, with almost 10% of computer users using this boswer. It was created by the team who created Google! This browser is the second best to me.

Spoiler:

The 5 main browser review. Stars-3-5

Opera is an ok browser, i've only used it for the wii and DS, but apparently it runs well for a console browser and it even plays media. It runs pretty fast even for something on the computer. The media on Opera is supposedly the best there is, and even it's fast for a console. It does occasionally does lose connection, but that's sometimes the modem. It was created in 1994, being one of the first Overall browsers. It is the 5th used browser with having 2% of computer users, however, it is more popular on phones. So besides lack of use-age, i vote it 3rd.

Spoiler:

The 5 main browser review. Stars-4

Safari is an browser I've only used on the iPhone, so i guess i have to rate it up from there. It's a fast browser on Mac, but I've only used it on a iPhone, so i'll rate it on there. It's fast for an iPhone, probably even faster for a Mac. The safari on iPhone doesn't crash at any stage, it probably won't on a mac either. It looks modern, which is kinda turns me on in browsers for some reason, it was created in 2007, being a new browser. It is the 4th used browser at just under 7% computer usage, this was the team who created iPods. So overall, besides lack of use-age, i vote it 4th.

Spoiler:

The 5 main browser review. Stars-1

Internet Explorer is the browser I've had used for 10 years, big mistake. It's slow as which is annoying and there is no
download manager which sucks. I don't even know why it's the default browser on almost every computer, if you want a great browser, Google Chrome and Firefox are your best bet. Internet Explorer freezes when i have 3 programs on, while on Firefox, i can have 8 programs on, and the browser still works fine. The browser was created in 1995 with over a 50% broswer usage. This is basically the product that is used on almost all computers. Overall, i vote this number 5.

Last edited by Yousuck24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:56 am

Other than wondering what a broswer is, it's a good review. Fix the grammar.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 am

haha Ein, edited it, bit in a hurry
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

No problem.

Selfed
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

Fuji Bucks™ : 528

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 am

The a/A "thing" is called WYSIWYG editor. And I disagree, Chrome is the fastest and that's a fact, really, not my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/MrMega
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:28 am

Actually, it depends what type of Operating system you got.
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 am

http://www.pcworld.com/article/162252/google_chrome_is_fastest_browser_in_siteloading_tests.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:35 am

Looks like Chrome beat Firefox by a solid .75-second average.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 am

I searched "fastest browser" and Opera came up in all results.
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 am

lol you just posted proof that you are lying.
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

Fuji Bucks™ : 5533

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:46 pm

You can't compare browsers using different devices, if I'm using IE on a sucky PC, then use Safari on a MacBook Pro, of course Safari is going to be faster. Next time, try to use all the browsers on the same device. It was good anyways.

I rate your review:

3/5

It was nice, with plenty of details, but there was some cons. Nice try, you're getting better and better.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Internet explorer isn't slow. I hate how people argue over which is better, they're ALL THE SAME with minor differences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I actually like IE 8.
Back to top Go down
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Well, Internet Explorer is the default one because it is one of the first browsers ever, and always will be, that's an important point, yes, it may be slow and all the sh*t, but it's the one who actually modernized browsers.

This browser was the fastest, the coolest and the best equipped when there was no Chrome or MFF.
And now we treat it like a pile of sh!t.
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Cyclone wrote:
Internet explorer isn't slow. I hate how people argue over which is better, they're ALL THE SAME with minor differences.

watch out for a speech.

The only reason you say that is because you see the surface. Don't judge a book only by its cover like a browser.
Well, browsers are like people. Every one is better at different things. For example, Chrome is good with speed and javascript while Firefox is good with GreaseMonkey scripts and general. IE8 is like, well, an unsuccessful person, not really good at much.
But like every person, it has huge differences. Opera has awesome settings and can open up to 100 tabs at once, while Safari doesn't even have any tabs.
Overall they do have major differences but you don't see them. Only pro coders really take advantage of the fact of which browser to choose. And even if you're not a great coder really (like me) you still have a good choice because of major differences people spot. Just simply look at some articles and see differences.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 am

MrMega wrote:
lol you just posted proof that you are lying.

I only use Opera for the wii/ds.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:10 pm

JasoN wrote:
You can't compare browsers using different devices, if I'm using IE on a sucky PC, then use Safari on a MacBook Pro, of course Safari is going to be faster. Next time, try to use all the browsers on the same device. It was good anyways.

Ouch, comparing a brand new MacBook to a "sucky PC" is hardly fair. Yes, Safari would probably always win, but try to play fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:13 pm

MrMega wrote:
Cyclone wrote:

watch out for a speech.

The only reason you say that is because you see the surface. Don't judge a book only by its cover like a browser.
Well, browsers are like people. Every one is better at different things. For example, Chrome is good with speed and javascript while Firefox is good with GreaseMonkey scripts and general. IE8 is like, well, an unsuccessful person, not really good at much.
But like every person, it has huge differences. Opera has awesome settings and can open up to 100 tabs at once, while Safari doesn't even have any tabs.
Overall they do have major differences but you don't see them. Only pro coders really take advantage of the fact of which browser to choose. And even if you're not a great coder really (like me) you still have a good choice because of major differences people spot. Just simply look at some articles and see differences.
I will tell you this right now. I have all browsers you described, and I see no differences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I dont think browsers are THAT different either. Sure some have some little things or are a little better in one area, but theyre all decent. Also Mega, Safari DOES have browsers, so make sure you knwo what youre talking about
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 pm

You means tabs.
And seriously? Show me...
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Im using tabs with Safari right now....
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Admin wrote:
JasoN wrote:

Ouch, comparing a brand new MacBook to a "sucky PC" is hardly fair. Yes, Safari would probably always win, but try to play fair.

That's my point Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Emess
Sweet and Sour
Sweet and Sour
Emess

Fuji Bucks™ : 1201

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Personally, I like Chrome better than Firefox. And, Safari is basically worse than IE.
Back to top Go down
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Emess wrote:
Personally, I like Chrome better than Firefox.

YES!!! +1!!!!!!!

Emess wrote:
And, Safari is basically worse than IE.

Uhh, changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Whatever. Chrome is slow as balls on my computer.

JasoN wrote:
That's my point Rolling Eyes .

Crap haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 5 main browser review.   The 5 main browser review. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 5 main browser review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com