Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

And so a new era begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

And so a new era begins... - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 am

What is TLD?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

Fuji Bucks™ : 1732

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:42 am

Pink Purple Elephants wrote:
What is TLD?
TLD is Top Level Domain. ( eg. FujiPlanet.net )

Einsteinean wrote:
We can't purchase it right now though. Our current one expires in 250 days.
The TLD is over a year old, so you can, if you want to. ( you paid to renew the TLD, right? )

If ForuMotion offered to renew your TLD for another year ( & you got the 1st year free ) , then you're trapped for another 10-12 months, Sad

Back to top Go down
Syfte
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Syfte

Fuji Bucks™ : 2665

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:56 am

Hold on a sec, I fail to see why we are trapped with a free TLD? Or is it they offered to give it at the cost of the credits...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 am

Syfte wrote:
Hold on a sec, I fail to see why we are trapped with a free TLD? Or is it they offered to give it at the cost of the credits...?
Topic : http://help.forumotion.com/problem-with-my-credits-or-my-domain-name-f52/transferring-your-domain-name-to-a-new-registrar-host-t79157.htm

Once you get a sponsored TLD, you'll have to wait until 1 month before the expiration date to move it to another registrar. ( I like to say, "trap" )

Just like a bird, ForuMotion is the mother, keeping you from flying ( gaining control of your TLD ) till a certain time period.

Edit

The domain isn't a free domain. Someone paid for it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:45 am

Yeah, we paid for it. And it says in the panel right now that we can't renew it.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Einsteinean wrote:
Yeah, we paid for it. And it says in the panel right now that we can't renew it.
No, what I was suggesting was that you can transfer your TLD from ForuMotion to your own account on a registrar, so that you wouldn't have to pay too much money to renew the TLD every year. Currently, you're paying about $22-$25 to renew your TLD on ForuMotion, but if you move it to NameCheap or GoDaddy, you'll be paying about $9-$13 to renew it each year.

You can also renew the TLD for 2+ years, because you'll have full control over your TLD, Wink ( ForuMotion wouldn't )
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh, alright. I'm not too worried about it right now.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 pm

New users won't know though
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

Fuji Bucks™ : 5533

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Wow, we're lucky to have Marc on here Razz
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Im good with using GoDaddy for our TLD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:29 pm

My only issue is, can we use our forumotion credits?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Jshushij wrote:
Im good with using GoDaddy for our TLD
The funny thing is, they've purchased your TLD at GoDaddy, but they're still asking for wayyy more than the normal price... Sad

But, GoDaddy is a good choice, because they can give you a free push to your GoDaddy account. ( TLD was purchased at GoDaddy )

Einsteinean wrote:
My only issue is, can we use our forumotion credits?
If ForuMotion gives you your TLD and you've gotten it on your GoDaddy account, then you can't use ForuMotion credits to renew the TLD.

Although, you can ask ForuMotion to use some of the current credits to renew the TLD for 'x amount of years' , before the transfer, Wink

Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Lol, I love Marc at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 pm

I admit I'm throughly confuzzled.
Back to top Go down
Powdersnow
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Powdersnow

Fuji Bucks™ : 1701

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:20 pm

We need to start getting active ASAP. Recruit more then 20 active members so this wont be a dead forum.

And Credits arn't a problem. Dont purchase ad removal, just tell the whiners to get Ad Removal Pro (Its free).

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 pm

We already bought it.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:41 am

Thank you Powder. And were working on the members thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And so a new era begins...   And so a new era begins... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

And so a new era begins...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Fuji Planet :: Announcements & Updates :: Announcement Archives-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com