Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rutzy342
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
rutzy342

Fuji Bucks™ : 2837

Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly _
PostSubject: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 am

That's right, Der is the drummer in the almighty band Those Who Arise. That's pretty awesome, but what's even more awesome is that their debut album - Sausage Fest for the Elderly - is coming out in two months. Actual work on the album is near completion, all that needs to be done is mixing on most of the tracks. Today is the press release for this album, almost all the information you want on it is coming out now and will be in this post. Now let's get to the details. Starting off with...

The cover

Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly Amazingalbum

The tracklisting

1. "Against the Wall, Against Your Will" 1:58
2. "Remove Hands Babe, We're No Longer Strangers" 2:34
3. "I Switched Lives With a Cat So I Could Have Nine" 3:01
4. "Talk Louder, I'm Old" 1:26
5. "Billie Jean Is Not My Love, She's a Man" 2:54
6. "When I Was Your Age, Bread Only Cost One Rupee" 3:41
7. "You Sniffing That? It's My Mom" 0:51
8. "Yes, I Have a Nickle, But You Have No Pickle" 2:56
9. "I Assume You Made an Assumption" 4:05
10. "If You Touch My Feet, I'll Touch Your Boobs" 3:42
11. "Things That Rhyme With Orange" 6:32
12. "An Unfortunate Event: Lemony Snicketed Me" 2:22
13. "Smell My Taste Buds" 2:31
14. "Tom and His Foolery" 3:59
15. "I Wonder What Mystery Meat the Cafeteria Is Serving Today" 4:41
16. "Dude, Where's My Car? And My Dead Hooker?" 1:19
17. "No, I'm Not Writing a Novel, I've Just Had a % in the Text Box For 5 Minutes" 5:00
18. "18" 0:18

Total running time - 53:52

Pre-release reception

- Rolling Stone has given the album 4.5 out of 5 stars, praising the album's "menacing nonconformity" and "rampant experimentalism". They drew comparisons between Those Who Arise to very respectable bands like The Beatles, Creed, Nickelback, Seether, A Day to Remember and The Wiggles.

- Pitchfork Media is set to reward the album a 9.6 out of 10 and a "best new music" label. Reviewer Tom Breihan rambles about his sexual arousal from the track titles as well as the dystopian lyrics, saying that they can "at times [be] brutally honest, but at other times they are reveling in a thought-provoking fantasy world that [Those Who Arise] force you to dig your teeth into".

- Tiny Mix Tapes is sticking a 5/5 rating on the record, calling it "a modern masterpiece" and "more significant than Stonehenge". They justify Sausage Fest for the Elderly's identity, saying that "it is not by any means a passing fad" and that it "is a flavor I will be tasting long after the month is over".

As more publications provide their thoughts on the album, this section will be updated.

Credits

Band members

Mike (vocals)
Ralph (guitar)
Bassist (bass)
Tony (drums) <--- DER!!!

Songwriting

All music written by Tony, except "18", written by Bassist. All lyrics written by Tony, except "Talk Louder, I'm Old", written by Mike.

Recording

Recorded by Tony at Tony's house from 1/22/11 - 2/26/11
Produced by Tony at Tony's house from 1/23/11 - 2/27/11
Mixed by Tony at Tony's house from 2/27/11 - 3/14/11*

What this thread is for

Other than breaking the news obviously, this is an anticipation thread for this soon-to-be classic household name. Feel free to chat about anything at all that has to do with this album, negative or positive (First Amendment). Here are some ideas though, you can follow them if you want but you don't have to.

* Countdown of days until release
* Discussion of what album will be like
* Having sex to your anticipation

One last note, Der is an inside friend to Fuji Planet. MAYBE he'll be dropping hints about Sausage Fest for the Elderly as the wait gets shorter. And who knows, you might even get more lucky, and MAYBE Fuji Planet will get the album earlier than May 1. Well, we'll see how it all works out.

* - target date

Last edited by rutzy342 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.meowmix.net/
Derderder
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Derderder

Staff Message : Still immature as fuck...
Fuji Bucks™ : 2550

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:42 pm

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!! I JUST JIZZED LOL Very Happy

my ass hole hurts? rutz...?

Ohhhh and btw things that rhyme with orange is already a song Creep Out Leslie

Last edited by Derderder on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:47 pm

lol fucking mao.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Where the fuck are my creds? I played the lead banjo like in tracks 5, 11, 12, and 17.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Derderder
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Derderder

Staff Message : Still immature as fuck...
Fuji Bucks™ : 2550

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm

We finna get rich son
Back to top Go down
rutzy342
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
rutzy342

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am

Update: Mixing for the first two tracks is done, and they are completely finished.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 am

will this be available on iTunes?
Back to top Go down
rutzy342
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
rutzy342

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Niels wrote:
will this be available on iTunes?

No, as a free download in much better quality.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm

yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly   Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly Empty

Back to top Go down

Those Who Arise - Sausage Fest for the Elderly

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Music-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com