Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

An Idea I Have - Please Reply!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

Fuji Bucks™ : 1732

An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  _
PostSubject: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Hey guys,

I'm planning to build a social forum for blackberry users. Tell me if this idea sounds kind of cool or not.

So, it'll be a community of people ( most will be blackberry users ) interacting with each other, talking, relaxing, watching videos, exchanging BBM Pins, blah blah blah.

Here are some features of the forum :

FaceBook Chat Bar
eg. http://www.cometchat.com/demo ( view the facebook chat bar to the bottom of the screen / awesome, isn't it? )

XenForo Experience
Best social forum script to use. My opinion : better than vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and MyBB.
eg. http://xenforo.com/community/ ( official forum : sign up, make a test post in the test forum and revisit / gets better )

Everything Blackberry
It's going to have everything blackberry. Might even throw in other popular smartphones like the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S2, etc..

Awesome Theme
I'm going to design an awesome theme, that's going to knock your socks off.

There are going to be a lot of cool ideas going to be executed when the forum launches.

---

Everything is still in the brainstorm time-period.

Tell me what you think and give me advice on what you want to see or what will make you join this so called "future awesome looking forum", Pedo

Thanks! study

Back to top Go down
Victoria
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp
Victoria

Staff Message : l
Fuji Bucks™ : 204823

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:30 pm

I have an iPhone...so unless you needed a graphic designer I wouldn't be able to help much.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Victoria wrote:
I have an iPhone...so unless you needed a graphic designer I wouldn't be able to help much.
Okay, thanks for the extra hand.

So, what do you think of the idea?

Any suggestions on what I should consider doing that would get you to join, if you found it from Google & you never knew me?
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Dan wrote:
If all bots fail, we have Marc
Back to top Go down
Victoria
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp
Victoria

Staff Message : l
Fuji Bucks™ : 204823

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Marc wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Okay, thanks for the extra hand.

So, what do you think of the idea?

Any suggestions on what I should consider doing that would get you to join, if you found it from Google & you never knew me?

Yeah...add a spot for iPhone's. lmao
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:08 pm

This is serious Niel... I want to hear your opinion on this... bad idea... good idea... what you think... anything?

Read the thread

Edited : @Victoria - Thanks! Will do when everything is set up, Wink
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Marc wrote:
This is serious Niel... I want to hear your opinion on this... bad idea... good idea... what you think... anything?

Read the thread

Edited : @Victoria - Thanks! Will do when everything is set up, Wink
it's niels
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Niels wrote:
it's niels
Okay Niels, do you have any comments on the idea?

PS. I've decided to go with ArrowChat.com instead of Cometchat.com for the live chat feature like on FaceBook.

Reason: It's cheaper ( not by a lot, but it's always good to save money ) , has group chat ( & more features ) and looks promising.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Marc wrote:
Niels wrote:
it's niels
Okay Niels, do you have any comments on the idea?

PS. I've decided to go with ArrowChat.com instead of Cometchat.com for the live chat feature like on FaceBook.

Reason: It's cheaper ( not by a lot, but it's always good to save money ) , has group chat ( & more features ) and looks promising.
Yes. Buy a HTC.

__
just kidding, it sounds good. i might write something more about it tomorrow dont rly have time
Back to top Go down
Johnywilko
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Johnywilko

Staff Message : You want a staff message? Too bad.

Fuji Bucks™ : 4379

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 am

I like the idea, will this forum be Blackberry friendly? Will you be able to view it easily without any problems on your Blackberry?

Edit: Now that I look at Xeno forum. No, I don't like it. The only thing I like about that is the "Follow" option and the status message updates.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:13 pm

Niels wrote:
Yes. Buy a HTC.
Maybe... Maybe not.... Most likely, I'll buy the iPhone5, Wink

But, I'll include an HTC Forum. Will be waiting to hear your other suggestions/comments later when you have more time, faz

Winkley wrote:
I like the idea, will this forum be Blackberry friendly? Will you be able to view it easily without any problems on your Blackberry?
Yes! There will also be a mobile version of the website for blackberry, android, iPhone, iPad, etc. ( but, pages can already be viewed with the browser from the latest smartphones )

Although, the live chat menu from ArrowChat doesn't have a view friendly app at the moment.

CometChat does, but then it lacks features like group chat and it's more expensive - about $220+ while ArrowChat is $120-$130.

But, I've contacted support for ArrowChat and they told me that it'll be released soon, with the next version of the script.

Winkley wrote:
Edit: Now that I look at Xeno forum. No, I don't like it. The only thing I like about that is the "Follow" option and the status message updates.
Can you explain a little more in detail please? I'd like to know exactly what you don't like, to fix it.

Is it the default theme? I'm going to design a better looking one, that might knock your socks off, Another ninja

What features would you like to see on the forum?

The picture gallery isn't built in the core of XenForo ( since it's still in development ) , but I'll be installing an add-on for user albums, so users can upload pics of themselves, etc.

Here's an image of the gallery add-on in action ( also a user album add-on ) : https://2img.net/h/oi54.tinypic.com/157g4e9.png
IMPORTANT: Please tell me what you think.

There's also a feature to "like" posts on the forum. Also, the sexy member card when you click the username of a member.

Any suggestions/comments will be really helpful to me.

Back to top Go down
Johnywilko
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Johnywilko

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 pm

^Yes, I don't like the default theme. It reminds me of death. :3

Btw, how is the video thingy going to work?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Winkley wrote:
^Yes, I don't like the default theme. It reminds me of death. :3
I'm not using the default theme. I'm going to design a new, better looking theme, Wink

Winkley wrote:
Btw, how is the video thingy going to work?
I haven't tried it out, but from the demo on their website, when you're in a chat, you can "call" and if the person accepts, you can video chat.

As I said, I have not tested it out.

Here's a screen shot from their website : http://www.arrowchat.com/images/img-002.jpg
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

Fuji Bucks™ : 5533

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm

We need users like the ones from the screenshots here.
Back to top Go down
Johnywilko
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Johnywilko

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:46 am

We do, Jrider, we do.
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

Fuji Bucks™ : 2989

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 pm

I've been on this site on a black berry and it is a pain in the ass.

I've also been on it on an android, still a pain in the ass but at least I could post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Invisifly2?feature=mhum#p/a
Marc
Melody Master
Melody Master
Marc

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Invisifly2 wrote:
I've been on this site on a black berry and it is a pain in the ass.

I've also been on it on an android, still a pain in the ass but at least I could post.
Which site? XenForo.com?

I'm going to install a mobile app for blackberry, android, iPhone and iPad, so it can work great with smartphones.

Although, if you view the full version of the website, it still looks decent. ( tested with my blackberry torch )

Anyway, I'm ordering the VPS for my website now. Going to start designing a theme and installing add-ons, etc.

If anyone wants to beta test and provide feedback once everything has been set up, send me a message, Wink
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

Fuji Bucks™ : 2989

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 pm

O..I was talking about fuji...brain fart. =P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Invisifly2?feature=mhum#p/a
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea I Have - Please Reply!    An Idea I Have - Please Reply!  Empty

Back to top Go down

An Idea I Have - Please Reply!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: Life Styles :: Advice Column-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com