Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Fantasy Baseball Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fuji Bucks™ : 7326

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 am

Did my first fantasy draft earlier this evening. I like my team considering the other teams.

Smallish 8 team league with smallish rosters.

My team and little blurbs about the pick):

C- Carlos Santana
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Michael Young
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
SS- Derek Jeter
OF- Hunter Pence
OF- Alex Gordon
OF- Shane Victorino
Utility- Brett Lawrie

SP- Clayton Kershaw
SP- Roy Halladay
RP- Jonathan Papelbon
RP- Ryan Madson
P- Stephen Strasburg
P- Josh Beckett
P- Jordan Zimmermann
P- Shaun Marcum

BN- Michael Cuddyer
BN- Shin-Soo Choo
BN- Johnny Cueto
BN- Neftali Feliz
RP- Ubaldo Jimenez

Last edited by Einsteinean on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 am

Hooyl shit...Maybe. I'll consider it. Nice catcher and BN btw Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 am

I gave up on the little blurbs, lol. And I knew you'd like the three Indians. I somehow ended up with 3 Indians and 3 Nationals on my team. And 4 Phillies. And my first two picks (Pujols followed by Kershaw) are both LA teams. Kinda interesting how it all worked out.

The only pick I don't like numbers-wise is Santana with the 45th pick. I could've had Posey or Wieters much later and taken Uggla or somebody with the 45th. Oh well. I still ended up with a nice offense and pitching staff.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 am

Yeah. How are the Nats look?

Yeah, you did. I'm definitely picking some Tribe bullpen members if I get around to this.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 am

The Nats look GOOD. I had a choice between ZImmerman and david Wright with the pick with which I chose Zim, and I've been bullish on him all offseason with the additions they've made. Bryce Harper, Strasburg for a full year, Gio Gonzalez, Jayson Werth rebounding, Brad Lidge, Mark DeRosa, etc. It's gonna be a good year in Washington.

Out of the Tribe I'd take Ubaldo on a late-round flyer (in case his AL struggles are legit), Justin Masterson with another later-round pick, Carlos Santana early middle rounds (definitely a shot to be the top hitting catcher this year not named Brian McCann), Chris Perez (decent closer), Asdrubal Cabrera (SS's relatively thin this year), and Choo and Sizemore on more late round fliers. A fair amount of draftable players on that team.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 am

Nice, I've only ever remembered them to suck

Those are all great choices. Cabrera, Choo, and Sizemore I've known since their minor league days. Sizemore was kind of my hero growing up lol. I also can't wait to see how Vinny Pestano does this year. He was lights out at the beginning of last year (the bullpen had an ERA of under 2.0 for a looong stretch...)
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 am

Pestano's relatively young (27). Probably some room to grow there too. If you all could find one big bat or two (tough considering the market) you could be a force to reckon with in the Central. The Tigers are the only halfway decent team in that division right now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Victoria
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp
Victoria

Staff Message : l
Fuji Bucks™ : 204823

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 am

fantasy lingerie football team season is where its at.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 am

fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:59 am

Victoria wrote:
fantasy lingerie football team season is where its at.

This is my offseason activity.

@YEM, you always get some fresh perspective the day after a draft. Here's who I took pick by pick:

4- Albert Pujols
13- Kershaw
20- Halladay
29- Zimmerman (Ryan)
36- Pence
45- Santana
52- Young
61- Papelbon
68- Strasburg
77- Gordon
84- Victorino
93- Lawrie
100- Beckett
109- Jeter
116- Cuddyer
125- Madson
132- Zimmermann (Jordan)
141- Choo
145- Marcum
157- Cueto
165- Feliz
172- Jimenez

Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Derek Jeter? Are you kidding me? That guy is playing like he has no hands on him.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Chainy wrote:
Derek Jeter? Are you kidding me? That guy is playing like he has no hands on him.

And he's probably headed for a much further down year. But it's still better than most. Worst comes to worst I can package him and Doc Halladay for Tulowitzki and Daniel Hudson or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah, Zimmerman is doing well so far I think, though. Really like him.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Dude, season hasn't even started yet...if you're talking about Ryan, he's an established top-tier third baseman, which is valuable considering the lack of offense at the position this year. As for Jordan (not our Jordan), he's a relatively up-and-coming young gun. I'm looking for .295/34/110 out of Ryan and 15-8 3.20 180 Ks out of Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Which Jordan? Whos he play for
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Jordan Zimmermann, for the Nats. One's actually spelled with only one "n" on the end (Ryan Zimmerman) and the other is two "n"s. (Jordan Zimmermann). That's how you tell the two apart.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Gotcha
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Joined a fantasy league. I think I might have made some poor choices...? lol idk whateva. Mainly just my relievers and bench players I don't know. Which isn't that weird since it's a league of 9

SP:
C. Lee
C.C. Sabathia
C.J. Wilson
R. Romero
U. Jimenez

RP:
B. Wilson (beardo maximus weirdo pills)
J. Motte
D. Storen
A. Bailey

1st: J. Votto/ A Lind (utility)
2nd: D. Uggla
3rd: E. Longoria
SS: A. Cabrera

LF: H. Kendrick
CF: A. McCutchen
RF: S. Choo / T. Hunter (utility)

BE:
M. Cabrera (CF)
C. Quentin (LF)
P. Goldschmidt (1B)
D. Espirosa (2B)
J. Montero (DH)
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:59 am

Yes Im Am wrote:
Joined a fantasy league. I think I might have made some poor choices...? lol idk whateva. Mainly just my relievers and bench players I don't know. Which isn't that weird since it's a league of 9

SP:
C. Lee
C.C. Sabathia
C.J. Wilson
R. Romero
U. Jimenez

RP:
B. Wilson (beardo maximus weirdo pills)
J. Motte
D. Storen
A. Bailey

1st: J. Votto/ A Lind (utility)
2nd: D. Uggla
3rd: E. Longoria
SS: A. Cabrera

LF: H. Kendrick
CF: A. McCutchen
RF: S. Choo / T. Hunter (utility)

BE:
M. Cabrera (CF)
C. Quentin (LF)
P. Goldschmidt (1B)
D. Espirosa (2B)
J. Montero (DH)

Lee, Sabathia and Wilson is a very good top 3. Romero should have a solid season for a better Jays team, and Ubaldo is a good flier. You have 4 very good closers, one of whom I would suggest trading for a catcher (even though Montero will become eligible pretty quick, he's in Seattle for crying out loud. Awful hitting park and awful offense.) I'd trade Andrew Bailey for Brian McCann or the like. Your offense is solid minus the catcher spot, Votto/Uggla/Longo/Cabrera could combine for 130ish HRs and around 350 RBIs. Longo, Votto and Cabrera will make up for Uggla's ugly average. LF/CF/RF looks good, Choo and McCutchen could both be 20/20 if not 25/25 or 30/30 players. Kendrick is solid as well, especially for a relatively depth-thin LF position this year. Your bench looks good too.

Solid team, should be in contention through the season barring injuries.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, McCutchen and Choo are beasts. I purposely picked a good power-hitting team. Oh, btw, I forgot to write my catcher in that post, who happens to be Brian McCann.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:23 pm

McCann? Damn son. Did you draft this team or was it picked automatically? This is a better team than a couple of my 8-teamers...very nicely done.

Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks. It was a draft between 9 people.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:30 pm

How's your team doing Ein? I've made a ton of lineup changes (mostly pitchers) and I'm in 4th now. (although I'm almost positive out commissioner is cheating). Also, I regret dropping a few players early, like Goldschmitt and Motte.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm in 2nd of 8, 2nd of 8, 2nd of 10, 9th of 10 (LOL), 5th of 12, 4th of 8, 2nd of 12, 4th of 10. So not too bad. The team I initially posted on this thread is the 2nd 2nd of 8, if that makes sense.

I dropped Motte in one of my other teams for Gallardo. Not sure yet if I like the move or not. I dropped Goldschmidt as well in a couple of leagues, not 100% happy with that either, lol. My biggest pickup was Justin Upton in the last league (2nd of Cool. Don't know why or how, but I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Nice stuff. What would you say your best move so far is? Mine was trading Evan Longoria (before he got hurt) for Edwin Encarnacion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Baseball Team _
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Baseball Team   Fantasy Baseball Team Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Baseball Team

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Sports Talk-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com