Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

$150

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

$150 _
PostSubject: $150   $150 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm

I tried to be as concise as possible.

What happened:
Okay so, in January I was at my friend's house. And as I was leaving, I didn't realize that his grandma had pulled in the driveway (see last paragraph) when I was there and I accidentally broke the mirror off of her car. And I ended up staying there for a while longer; long enough for her to call her insurance company. And she told me that they would pay it all, so I didn't think it was necessarily to tell my parents, since there wasn't a single scratch on either car and it wouldn't have made monetary difference. It probably would have been the right thing to do, but oh well.

Now:
Three months later, I quit my friend's band because he's a douche. So he went on a long rant of insults like a little baby, and then brought this up. Three months later. And he claims now that his grandma had to pay the $150 fucking out of pocket, and that her husband recently died. I think this guilt trip is total bullshit because he never brought this up until now since he's throwing a fit about me leaving the band. (His family didn't really care in the first place and they certainly wouldn't care more now just because i quit his stupid band.) He even said that my two choices were to either pay him the money or to play one more show with him.

Plot twist:
Okay, by now, it would seem that the obvious choice would be to say no, fuck you. BUT I just got a text from "his dad," even though it looks like derek's wording. Do you think this could be legit? I honestly think my parents wouldn't be that upset, but I'm not throwing away that kind of money. What should I do? I want to see if his dad actually gives a fuck first, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't now. If his dad cared, he would have fucking pulled out the phone book and called our house, or at least called my phone.

Edit: I did a reverse phone lookup and it the text came from someone in his house... He (the son) still could have sent the though
Edit 2: I decided called the number. I had to dial it as long distance even though it was my area code. ? Fishy. And when I dialed long distance, no one picked up.

IN MY OWN DEFENSE:

Refer to this paint drawing as to why I didn't know that the car was there: the box representing the door to his house, the green oval being my mom's truck, and the grey oval being his grandma's sedan.
https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/34fjf40.jpg
My mom's truck is a Chevy Avalanche, and if you don't know what that is, it's a pretty huge truck. Ontop of that, his driveway is on an incline. As i walked from the house to the truck, I didn't see the car through it. As I began backing up, I could have easily seen the car if I had looked out one of the rear seat windows. But instead, I looked straight back to the street behind me, like always when backing out. Again, I had no idea that another car was in the driveway. So I backed out slowly and heard a loud crush, which happened to be the sideview mirror. And yeah, I was pretty freaked out.

TL;DR: It wasn't out of lack of care

Edit: yeah I'm fucked, it really was his dad
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 am

What exactly did the text say? And how did you finally find out it was his dad?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
JesterDon IVVVI
JesterDon IVVVI

Fuji Bucks™ : 4724

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 am

Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean you aren't liable. Anyways, the fact that he said it was fine and then is now demanding you pay up because he's mad at you is f*cking ridiculous
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/141mio3.jpg
SOUP
SOUP

Fuji Bucks™ : 99800397

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 am

Play the song, but fuck it up and make the band seem like shit.
Back to top Go down
Chainy
Apolcalypse Survivor
Apolcalypse Survivor
Chainy

Staff Message : :3 :3 :3 :3 <3
Fuji Bucks™ : 6386

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:27 pm

I like what Soup said
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:00 pm

I don't remember what the text said, but it was pretty straight forward and not threatening at all. I'm still not sure if it was his dad or not, he's like the master of imitating voices. But until his real dad contacts us like a fucking adult, I'm not paying them a cent.

Unrelated, but if anything, he owes us money for breaking our door last week

SOUP wrote:
Play the song, but fuck it up and make the band seem like shit.

Fuck no, the last thing I wanna do is play 10 horrible songs.
Back to top Go down
SOUP
SOUP

Fuji Bucks™ : 99800397

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Get really high and play them. That would actually be fun as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Haha it would, but that would involve me practicing for hours with the asshole beforehand
Back to top Go down
JesterDon IVVVI
JesterDon IVVVI

Fuji Bucks™ : 4724

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 am

If he dislikes you so much then why is practicing with him one of the options?
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/141mio3.jpg
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:19 pm

How much does he owe you for breaking your door? Guilt trip him into paying that back to you if you pay him.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Zero, but it was still pretty stupid... The asshole hasn't tried contacting me since Saturday, I think it's all good now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

$150 _
PostSubject: Re: $150   $150 Empty

Back to top Go down

$150

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: Life Styles :: Advice Column-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com