Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Is the cup half empty or half full ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Half empty or half full ?
Half empty
Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 121033%Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 1811
 33% [ 5 ]
Half full
Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 121067%Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 1811
 67% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Einsteinean wrote:
jshushij wrote:
Einsteinean wrote:
It's always gonna have a microscopic amount of air in it, so this isn't a valid question.

Thats not a valid point, because the oxygen combines with hydrogen and changes/forms into a completely new element. It is no longer oxygen.

Also, air is not made only of oxygen. It is made up of nitrogen (78.09%) and oxygen (20.95%). The remaining 1% is made up of argon (0.93%), carbon dioxide (0.03%) and other trace gases (0.003%). Water vapor is also present in air in varying amounts.

Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 Air_components

I'm gonna post a Paint drawing in the Gallery to better show what I was saying. It's rather hard to explain.

Link me. I wanna see this.
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

Fuji Bucks™ : 2989

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

the glass is half full if it is being filled, if it is being drained than it is half empty, and if it always had half of the fluid it could contain inside of it, it is at half compacity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Invisifly2?feature=mhum#p/a
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:29 pm

No pic shush, sorry.

I'll explain it here.

In a glass, water is not flat at the top. It never is if the glass is round. It greates a small dip in the center of the water at the top of the glass like a graduated cylinder for measuring liquid. Inside that dip, there is ar that is surrounded on the sides by the glass. So, a glass is never completely full.
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:11 pm

yet it can be overfilled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm

If you want another explanation, it is that evaporation is a never ending process. The glass can only be completely filled for microseconds, then evaporation starts and starts taking water from it into the air.
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Invisifly2 wrote:
the glass is half full if it is being filled, if it is being drained than it is half empty, and if it always had half of the fluid it could contain inside of it, it is at half compacity.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Einsteinean wrote:
No pic shush, sorry.

I'll explain it here.

In a glass, water is not flat at the top. It never is if the glass is round. It greates a small dip in the center of the water at the top of the glass like a graduated cylinder for measuring liquid. Inside that dip, there is ar that is surrounded on the sides by the glass. So, a glass is never completely full.

Thats called a meniscus.

But when we use the term "filled" nd we imply that we are talking about a glass of water, then it means when the edges of the water are touching the rim of the glass. While the center may not be all the way up, it still is considered "full".

Einsteinean wrote:
If you want another explanation, it is that evaporation is a never ending process. The glass can only be completely filled for microseconds, then evaporation starts and starts taking water from it into the air.

Evaporation does not start instantly. It takes a couple of minutes first to start, and then becomes a never-ending process. So when you first pour the water, it can be full.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Moral of the story, the cup is empty eventually. Why kid ourselves. It's half empty. Very Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Invisifly2 wrote:
Invisifly2 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lebby™
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp

Staff Message : I LOVE SHADY
Fuji Bucks™ : 5485

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

It's half empty, yesssss
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com?Tennisman7890
Tony
Sweet and Sour
Sweet and Sour
Tony

Fuji Bucks™ : 1041

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Both.
Back to top Go down
Lebby™
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:37 pm

It can't be both, it's a matter of whether you're a positive person or negative person, idiot Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tony
Sweet and Sour
Sweet and Sour
Tony

Fuji Bucks™ : 1041

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:37 pm

/B/astard.
Back to top Go down
Lebby™
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Are you afraid of cursing now, so you put other characters in the word, so your mom thinks that you're not being a bad boy ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Tony, don't flame. Biz, don't return the flame.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 pm

You like /b/, don't ya

@tony

Last edited by YeMnMs on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fff)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
kareljanis
Friendly Fiend
Friendly Fiend
kareljanis

Fuji Bucks™ : 1887

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 am

daniel

Last edited by kareljanis on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aloe
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Aloe

Staff Message : I LOVE YOU
Fuji Bucks™ : 2774

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 am

I like to think that the cup is neither half empty nor half full. The top half of the substance inside the cup is invisible.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 am

I don't want to f/ucki/ng swear
I makes me look like a mother f/ucki/ng a/ssh/ole
Back to top Go down
Invisifly2
Marine Glory
Marine Glory
Invisifly2

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:45 pm

Invisifly2 wrote:
Invisifly2 wrote:
Invisifly2 wrote:

iFly2's fb notes wrote:
Full is empty, of emptyness, thats right, emptyness. You see full is full, meaning that its empty of emptyness, so sence its not filled with this emptyness, it cannot be full, odd, no? The same goes for empty as it is full of emptyness. However that only works if you imangine full as "filled" and empty as "unfilled". In another point of view this might not be true.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 am

[quote=SOMEGUYONINTERNET]Not reading it.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Lebby™
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Quote fail.

Stop spamming.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Dothebartman91 wrote:

Spam.

Dothebartman91 wrote:
[quote=SOMEGUYONINTERNET]Not reading it.
[/quote]

More spam.

Dr. Doom™ wrote:
Quote fail.

Stop spamming.

Win.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

Einsteinean wrote:
Dothebartman91 wrote:

Spam.

Dothebartman91 wrote:
[quote=SOMEGUYONINTERNET]Not reading it.

More spam.

Dr. Doom™ wrote:
Quote fail.

Stop spamming.

Win.[/quote]
Fuck you.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Power Shake
Power Shake
CAPS LOCK

Fuji Bucks™ : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 am

the cup is half empty, what kind of waiter/waitress would only fill your glass one half, what kind of idiot would try to make the "best" out of what he has when he can be an asshole about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the cup half empty or half full ?   Is the cup half empty or half full ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the cup half empty or half full ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: Life Styles :: Debate & Philosophy-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com