Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 _
PostSubject: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 am

LEVEL EDITOR CONTEST 2!
[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Platform2[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Splitter2_title[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 3807590350_0f1ae222ed[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Super-stacker-2[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Bloons-2-screen
[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Bloons-Classic

Hello one and all and welcome to the Level Editor Contest 2!
*applause*
So I know that the first one didn't start off all that well when we only had 2 contestants. This time I am hoping for even more! There is no limit to what you can do and I am hoping you all have fun particpating.

Also this is a great time to unleash the news that we will be having a new level editor added to the Fuji Planet Arcade! This new level editor will be Bloons 2 and it will be part of the this contest! Yay!

This contest won't be like the old one, the concept of this will be changed and make it more interesting. I am looking for a minimum of 8 spots, but there is an unlimited amout of places...

So you may ask how is thiis going to be different from last time. Well I hear you question loud and clear. This time we will be competing against each other in different rounds.
If we have 12 or more users, there will be a group stage where there will be either 3 - 5 groups of 4. I will set you a level editor/s to build a level with and the top 2 or 3 will progress into the knockout round. Then out of a hat you be assigned to compete against another user and then the me or the other judges will set you only one level editor that you must build to make a level with. Then the judges and myself will judge your work and the winner will progress through to the next round.

If we only get 8 places or less, then it will sort of be elimation rounds, the judges will set a level editor and the users will go head to head in a round of 3, the person who wins 2 out of 3. We will then have a final 4 and once again it will be a best out of 3, then if you do the math correctly we should have a final 2. You would then think it would be straight onto the Grand Final, but guys I have been around on this site for about a year and you should know I do things like this so simply. All of the elimanated contestants will have a second chance to get into the final 4. That means you get to pick 2 level editors of your choice and make some great levels, the 2 best users will progress. Then it is on to the Semi Finals, but this time only 1 person will be gone and the other 3 will move onto the Grand Final. the Grand Final will work as it says in the next paragraph.

Will it be the same in the Grand Final of this contest? No it will be slightly different. The two users who have made it through to the Grand Final will choose 3 level editors of their choice and build levels using those level editors. Then everyone who has participated in this contest (even if you didn't make it past the group stage) will judge the levels and we will have a vote. A judges vote will count for 2 votes and the judges and myself will not vote until everyone else has voted. Then we will declare the winner and the shall win some great prizes.

What happens to the levels that were created? Well, funny you should ask. Not only do they float around the wide world web(www). All the winning levels from the group stage to the Grand Final will feature in a special thread in the Arcade.

Here is a bonus for all of you contestants. Everytime you progress into the next round you will win 50FB's. Plus you will also recieve 50FB's for joining the competition.

Prizes: The winner will win 2500FB's to spend with whatever they wantv and they will also recieve a special gift that won't be announced until the ending of the competition., second will win 1000FB's and third will win 800FB's
Contestants playing:

Judges are
Pink Purple Elephants
TMJ-JJ

Have fun guys.

Last edited by Pink Purple Elephants on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 am

I am open for your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:52 am

Ummm, you seem like you know what your talking about, i got no suggestions at all.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 am

That is fine. I just need thoughts or suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Looks good dude. I could give the winner a custom rank or something if you want. And the person in second should get 1,000 FBs if the person in first got 2,500.
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

Fuji Bucks™ : 5533

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

2,500?!?! I think I should enter Razz

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:04 am

Moved to Other Discussions
Back to top Go down
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 am

Fine, I got no suggestions.

But what if the contest fails like the other one? When only Shush and me entered?
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 am

Well I am hoping that doesn't happen. This may sound stupid, but you get 100fb's if you enter?
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Nahh, make it 50.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Make it so you get more each round. Like people who enter get 50, if you make it to the second round you get 150, etc
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Sign me up, I call PR2
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 am

You would also have to do other ones...
Also I need 3 more judges
1. Me
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:19 pm

I think three judges is enough, unless you have this all planned out Razz.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:33 pm

I could judge if you want, though I kinda want to enter Razz
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Judge? I meant I wanted to compete Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Interfan
Power Shake
Power Shake
Interfan

Fuji Bucks™ : 2894

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:08 pm

I want to judge.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:47 am

Jshushij wrote:
I could judge if you want, though I kinda want to enter Razz
I want you to participate in this, so you don't need to be judge

Admin wrote:
Judge? I meant I wanted to compete Neutral
Yea you can compete, I was just posting the need for judges.

TMJ-JJ wrote:
I want to judge.
Cool.

Also I was thinking that this can be the offical contest for Fuji 1.9?
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 am

Maybe we can have a Review, Acrade and Graphic Design contest at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 pm

No.... there really shouldn't be too many offical contests on at the same time.
Back to top Go down
JriderT
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
JriderT

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah, one contest at a time.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 pm

So are we agreed that Boombots should be released with this contest?
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Yea it will.
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok, cool. Youre the new TL, so youre word goes Razz
Back to top Go down
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Or we could add it now... as like you know a lead into the new and wonderful ways of the arcade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2   [Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Rough Draft]Level Editor Contest 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Fuji Planet :: Archives-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com