Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Real Racing (Iphone App Review)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

Fuji Bucks™ : 1120

Real Racing (Iphone App Review) _
PostSubject: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

I might just do a few of these, but I plan to do a ton of apps for review. Maybe, one a day.

REAL RACING
(click to go to Itunes)

Real Racing (Iphone App Review) Firemint-real-racing-20090318053852143_640wReal Racing (Iphone App Review) Firemint-real-racing-20090318053853675_640w_1244765227
Real Racing (Iphone App Review) Stars-5

Real Racing is where it is on the Iphone. This is the closest app you can get to a console game. With a seemingly endless career mode, online play, and a large variety of courses, nothing can go wrong. Although the online play is somewhat lacking in potential due to the few number of people playing this game at once, everything else is perfect.

Lets start with the graphics. As you can see from the pictures, you can't find this kind of graphics in any other Iphone app. The 3-D dynamics in this game are amazing. And unlike every other racing game, it does not lag at all, even if you are on a first-generation Ipod touch. (Speaking of which, Apple might announce a new Itouch tomorrow). The cars are very nicely created and the trees and bushes look as real as they'd get.

Very similarly, the sound system is also great. I noticed that while I was playing, I could tell whether a car was in front of me or behind me. So you almost feel like you are in that environment.

Here is the main source of action: the Career mode. In the career mode you can race through 12 amazingly created tracks of different lengths. Here's how it works: you enter an event and you race three events and try to get the top score. Side note: The scoring system is more fair than any other racing game I've played. The three tracks that you race on may have a different number of laps, usually ranging from 2-5. Not only are there three difficulties to play on, there are 4 different cars that each drive differently. So the way you race will be different every time. Did I mention you can unlock 48 different cars?

It's hard to master. Even when I played on the lowest rank it was tough at first. Now I can win every cup easily. The other two ranks are very difficult and are going to take some work.

There is also a Quick Play mode if you just want to take a spin or if you're pressed for time. You can choose the course, difficulty, and number of laps here. The customizability is great. There are two camera views you can drive in shown above: in the car and outside the car. I personally am a big fan of the in the car view, but that's up to you.

You can't go wrong with this app, unless you really don't like racing games. But with the Ipod's tilt controls, this game is more fun than one you would find on an Xbox or Playstation. I bought it for $10 and it was worth every penny. I would have paid 20 bucks or more had I known it was this good. Now, the price is only 7 buckaroonies. Seriously, you can play this game for hours every day for a month and still not get bored of it.

Last edited by True or False on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katanga
Communist
Communist
Katanga

Fuji Bucks™ : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Nice review!
Back to top Go down
rutzy342
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
rutzy342

Fuji Bucks™ : 2837

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:27 pm

This should be in Self Reviews... =|
Back to top Go down
http://www.meowmix.net/
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

Fuji Bucks™ : 528

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:10 pm

5 stars image is too big lol. And don't post in colors Wink
If you do, it'll be moved into self-reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/MrMega
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Nice review. I know its really good, but its a bit too expensive for me.
Back to top Go down
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 pm

MrMega wrote:
That colors rule is gay.
This sort of brightens up your reading Smile
Back to top Go down
SOUP
SOUP

Fuji Bucks™ : 99800397

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Remove color, use the regular stars and I will self it.
Back to top Go down
faz
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
faz

Staff Message : Real Racing (Iphone App Review) Untitl65
I am FaZango
Fuji Planet's Grandpa
Fuji Bucks™ : 1502

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Nice review

Other than that, you can barely read the orange text
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/69adime
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:34 pm

I tried to make it more readable by making it bold...
I'll change it I guess. BUt I'm keeping the color. If you want it changed, do it yourself. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but that rule has no point.
Back to top Go down
SOUP
SOUP

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

I dunno.

Faz can self it if he dosent mind the red and blue bold.
Back to top Go down
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Real Racing has been used a lot in Iphone commercials.
Btw, your siggy is against the rules Super
Back to top Go down
SOUP
SOUP

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Tell me how it is. BItch :]
Back to top Go down
Don'ttouchmyfrigginmuffin
Untamed Beast
Untamed Beast
Don'ttouchmyfrigginmuffin

Fuji Bucks™ : 1754

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm

ROFL He's bieng akward you have coloured writing in your siggy super
Back to top Go down
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

"Additional Rules

These are not as important, but if we have to constantly remind you, you will receive an infraction for it.

1. Signatures: they may not be longer than 10 lines, small (default) font. If you want a picture, the height of it must be under 200 pixels and the width under 550. You may only include two lines of small font with a picture.

Make sure to check back on the rules every once in a while, because they will be updated frequently until we believe they are perfect."
-ANnouncements

tea-man
Back to top Go down
Katanga
Communist
Communist
Katanga

Fuji Bucks™ : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:30 am

True or False wrote:
"Additional Rules

These are not as important, but if we have to constantly remind you, you will receive an infraction for it.

1. Signatures: they may not be longer than 10 lines, small (default) font. If you want a picture, the height of it must be under 200 pixels and the width under 550. You may only include two lines of small font with a picture.

Make sure to check back on the rules every once in a while, because they will be updated frequently until we believe they are perfect."
-ANnouncements

tea-man

he has a point. but this isnt the place for it.

anyway good review, i might get the game sometime
Back to top Go down
Jshushij
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Jshushij

Fuji Bucks™ : 29487

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:23 am

I want that game! Its not worth paying for it though.

What should I do? Jailbreak?
Back to top Go down
MrMega
Secretly Sinister
Secretly Sinister
MrMega

Fuji Bucks™ : 528

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 am

I edited the 5 stars thing...

=> Self Reviewed

congrats
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/MrMega
SOUP
SOUP

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 am

EnFoRcEr wrote:
ROFL He's bieng akward you have coloured writing in your siggy super

Staff are aloud.
Back to top Go down
True or False
Cute Venom
Cute Venom
True or False

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am

jshushij wrote:
I want that game! Its not worth paying for it though.

What should I do? Jailbreak?

yes after that, pm me on how to get it w/o paying
Back to top Go down
Jake
Rising Blaze
Rising Blaze
Jake

Fuji Bucks™ : 2963

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:46 pm

True or False wrote:
MrMega wrote:
That colors rule is gay.
This sort of brightens up your reading Smile

I know you don't care, but writing reviews in color is not professional :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Racing (Iphone App Review)   Real Racing (Iphone App Review) Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Racing (Iphone App Review)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Services :: Reviews Section :: Self Reviews-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com