Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

Track / General Running _
PostSubject: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Surprisingly there's no thread for this yet. Share your times if you run.

Out of the events I've done:
400 meter - 0:55
800 meter - 2:05
Mile - 4:46
2 Mile - 11:31 (I suck at this event.. no idea how to pace)
3 Mile - 16:02
5k (5000 meters) - 18:07 (not great at pacing here either)

Last edited by Tristan on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
iM Too BLue
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
iM Too BLue

Fuji Bucks™ : 3106

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:46 pm

100 meter 11.9
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Pretty good. The best 100 meter runner in my school gets 10.9, he's like Usain Bolt.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:22 pm

I haven't been able to run in so long...

I know my mile was around 7:45 when I was injured. It was steadily declining. Now I'm afraid to run because I don't know when my knee will go boom.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Never been timed, not great at long distances, crackhead speed
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:32 am

What I do is I measure a distance on my street (I live on a VERY quiet street, so I'm cool in that regard) using my Cycling Computer. Then I run it with a stopwatch and time myself. Works well.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 am

I can walk my street...when it's closed...the other time people go 50 in the close lane in a 35 zone. And between 4 and 5 traffic is backed up from a quarter mile away past our house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Jim
White Knight
White Knight
Jim

Fuji Bucks™ : 4494

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:33 am

I am jealous of your skills Cy. I have fitness testing in a few weeks so I will post my times then.
Back to top Go down
Johnywilko
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Johnywilko

Staff Message : You want a staff message? Too bad.

Fuji Bucks™ : 4379

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Next year I'll post my times... :p
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Tim wrote:
I am jealous of your skills Cy.
If this isn't sarcasm, thanks! If it is screw you lol.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

Fuji Bucks™ : 2005

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Uhh...12:42 2 mile, I was only in 1 meet this year because I sprained my ankle...I did an unofficial 5-miler in 40 flat, too, but my training times have dropped because my strategy if the sidewalks aren't plowed is to wait in a driveway for a break in traffic and then book it to the next one. I never trust drivers to miss me.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Not bad not bad. My school only has one 2 miler this year and he gets like 14 haha he's not the best guy we could ask for.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Lsquared wrote:
Uhh...12:42 2 mile, I was only in 1 meet this year because I sprained my ankle...I did an unofficial 5-miler in 40 flat, too, but my training times have dropped because my strategy if the sidewalks aren't plowed is to wait in a driveway for a break in traffic and then book it to the next one. I never trust drivers to miss me.

I do the exact same thing on my bike, literally.
Back to top Go down
P00pinshniver
White Knight
White Knight
P00pinshniver

Staff Message : I am P00pinshniver, Fuji Planet's soccer player
Fuji Bucks™ : 16035

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 am

I decided to take a break from track this year, and my soccer season ended like two months ago so im really out of shape. In PE for my fitness testing i jogged my first three laps at 5:20, and had to barely run fast the third and i got like a 6:54. I was so tired lol. Cant wait for soccer to start again.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:40 am

I can't wait for Cross Country...
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Agreed. Our best distance guy (2 mile anyway, not 1000) broke 10 in his last meet.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Wow! That's insaneee. We have another 2 miler, but he hasn't been running. He gets around 10:30. If I were to run it I'd probably get around 10:45.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Damn good. Our best girls' 2 miler runs about an 11:30, and she won Western Mass for XC with an 18:59 5K...and she won a regional race, 250 people, with an 18:31.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:27 pm

18:31?! A girl?! Jesus... that's like 20 seconds better than my 5k. One of our girls named Liz wins regionals too. But her time isn't that good.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:30 pm

So, all the snow has melted off the sidewalks, leaving an inch of ice, and I naturally thought yesterday would be a good day for a run. "Don't kill yourself!" "I won't, Mom, calm down." I come back bleeding from both hands, an elbow and a knee... fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Luckily with our warmup today (70 today, expected 75 tomorrow), all of the snow is gone. so I was able to do a short therapeutic bike ride.

I still can't run though. Maybe in a couple weeks, but not now.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Good luck. Take it slow, starting to run after an injury is tough.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah, especially surgery. Thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
Bart
White Knight
White Knight
Bart

Fuji Bucks™ : 13566

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

I'm like the slowest person ever.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

You just have to train. I was absolutely terrible last spring, came in last on every training run...I went somewhere between 250 and 300 miles over the summer, dropped my 5K time eight minutes by the end of cross-country. All it takes is dedication, even though it sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running Empty

Back to top Go down

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Sports Talk-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com