Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

Track / General Running - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Victoria wrote:
My knee doctor said I can start running again in a month. :) Too bad track started this week. Track / General Running - Page 3 266353
Nice! but awh Sad
Yes Im Am wrote:
tomorrow's gonna be my first track prac ever. what to expect?
Since you've said a couple times you have killer speed, I'm sure you'll be great. Sprinting workouts are easy at my school, but every school is different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

Staff Message : This guy's the bee's knees, man.
Fuji Bucks™ : 19434

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeah, I'm NOT one for distance. Thank you :...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fujiplanet.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=7
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

Fuji Bucks™ : 2005

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:00 am

Ours doesn't start till the 21st, I'm pissed. The distance coach this year is the elementary school nurse, but he's 26 or something and ran for Westfield State, looks like he ran a 5-mile XC race in 28:25...we'll see. Cy, now I see why you're so much better than everyone else, that 4-mile track workout made me tired just looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

Mine ran a 1:48 half mile. He's insane. Or was insane
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am

Jesus, that's good. My theory is that a coach should be able to outrun the slowest kid on the team, my XC coach would have been gone years ago if that was a rule.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 am

Mine is like upper 50s. He's coached XC and track here for 20 some years. He still runs, and there are some really slow people on my team, so he could outrun them.
Back to top Go down
P00pinshniver
White Knight
White Knight
P00pinshniver

Staff Message : I am P00pinshniver, Fuji Planet's soccer player
Fuji Bucks™ : 16035

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Tristan wrote:
P00pinshniver wrote:
Sprint workouts are always the worst
They're pretty hard.. for me the hardest workout is 400 friday. We do 8-10 400s, from 60-70 secs each. Mile repeats are pretty hard too.

Yeah but i was usually lucky because there was usually a few slow people so it wasnt an insane workout, but when my coach ran it really sucked. He use to run the 400 in under 50.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Yesterday we did a speed workout, track hasn't started yet so it was just a few of us. I brought my spikes just to try them out, now I have a giant blister on the bottom of my foot and my calves are really tight. I tried an "easy" 2.8 today and ended up doing it in 19:40..."pretty good", you say, except it was dumb because I'm doing the biggest 10K in New England tomorrow...so yeah, that's how I've been.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:51 pm

That wasn't smart. Never wear spikes to practice! Only to meets. (that's just what I do). Especially since you have a 10k...
Back to top Go down
JesterDon IVVVI
JesterDon IVVVI

Fuji Bucks™ : 4724

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 pm

wtf, running 3 miles takes me like half an hour.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/141mio3.jpg
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Tristan, yeah, I know not to wear them to practice, I just wanted to try them since I'd never actually run in them before. Dan, that's like where I was last spring, dropped eight-ish minutes since then. If you're serious, you'll get good, all it takes is training.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 am

lol I'm dead after like a mile just under 10 minutes
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Track officially started yesterday, I have a quick question/complaint for you guys...today was lifting for maybe 20 minutes, warmup, 6 miles at 8-ish mile pace, then 5x100 strides, then core...so it feels like there's a knife in my right calf, in the middle of my lower leg right where the muscle ends. Anyone know what could cause that?
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Maybe a lack of potassium? I'm not completely sure. Should be good after a day or two. My first meet is Thursday, I'm so nervous cuz my 4x800 team lost one person, and there's a new person to take his place
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fuji Bucks™ : 7326

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Lsquared wrote:
Track officially started yesterday, I have a quick question/complaint for you guys...today was lifting for maybe 20 minutes, warmup, 6 miles at 8-ish mile pace, then 5x100 strides, then core...so it feels like there's a knife in my right calf, in the middle of my lower leg right where the muscle ends. Anyone know what could cause that?

Sounds exactly like what I had about 20 minutes ago. My advice is keep the leg straight, and flex your foot up and down, whichever one relieves the pain.

Now, mine was likely due to physical therapy this afternoon, but it's similar nonetheless. Drink a hefty amount of orange juice EVERY morning before practice/meets/anytime you run, and more immediately after to boost your potassium levels like Cy said.

If it doesn't go away in 10-20 minutes, you might have strained your calf muscle. But from what you described, a serious cramp sounds more likely.

Worst case scenario, you wouldn't be able to move your foot. That's a torn calf. If that would be the very unfortunate case, you could kiss track season goodbye.

Check this out for more info on that scenario:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries/a/calf-strain.htm
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:19 pm

I think it's getting better, probably a strained calf. Potassium can't hurt either, bananas before every meet. The new distance coach is crazy. His PRs; 50 flat 400, 2:03 800, 16 flat 5K, 27 something 5-mile, 2:40ish marathon, and he's doing a 50-miler sometime this year. Our 1st meet is next Monday, we have 2 meets next week, and almost all our meets are away because the school's under construction. We don't look too good, we have only 1 great distance guy, a few good sprinters, 1 good jav guy, 1 good shotputter, a good pole vaulter/high jumper, and not much else.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm

We have three state champs, two in polevaulting and one in sprinting. The sprinter runs a 100 in 10.9
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Jeeesus. I think our pole vaulter won states last year, and our shotputter made states but didn't win. We have a ton of freshmen, some are good, some think anything over a mile is a long run.
Back to top Go down
Einsteinean
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Einsteinean

Fuji Bucks™ : 7326

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Hope I helped L2.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:56 pm

You did, thanks. I just have to get more potassium, I think.
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 pm

First meet's a week from today. It's away cause they ain't paint our new track yet.

I eat a banana every day. Delicious and your potassium.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow meet tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Yes Im Am
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Yes Im Am

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Can I kiss you goodluck, son?
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Uh, I'll just say good luck, you'll do fine. I have to wait another week...but at least time trials are Monday...
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes Im Am wrote:
Can I kiss you goodluck, son?
thank you papa
Lsquared wrote:
Uh, I'll just say good luck, you'll do fine. I have to wait another week...but at least time trials are Monday...
I know we'll win, we always do, I'm just nervous to see if I've improved my time in the 800 since last season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Sports Talk-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com