Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Welcome to Fuji Planet, a forum that offers a unique experience.

We have everything from flash games to forum games, item reviews to great graphics. Before registering, we recommend that you take a tour of this site. Explore our arcade complete with level editors, our gallery of user-created pics and tutorials, and the rest of our growing forum.

When you register, you will be able to access the chatbox, where users can instantly chat with everyone else.

We hope to see you soon.

~Fuji Planet Staff
Fuji Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet of Fun

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

Fuji Bucks™ : 2005

Track / General Running - Page 12 _
PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Jeeesus, that's amazing. PRACTICE TOMORROW psyched, 2-mile timed repeats. I ran 5 this morning...I haven't had a 5-or-less day in almost 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

Staff Message : i'm tristan
Fuji Bucks™ : 18746

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Damn dude. You're mileage must've been crazy this Summer, I didn't even make 100. Props
Back to top Go down
http://www.rock-forums.com/forum.php
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 pm

300 exactly as of this morning, I did it in 8 1/2 weeks instead of the 10 that everyone else had. I have a good shot to make varsity XC this year if none of the freshmen can beat me.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:33 pm

I think you will man, you've worked incredibly hard.

We ran that 3 mile course again today and I dropped 40 seconds. Got 16:15. No one has broken 16 in 3 years I want to so bad lol
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Shit, you'll do it for sure, times always drop in a meet. Anyway, varsity may have just gone out the window as someone I thought was doing soccer is now doing XC, and he's a lot better than me. Now I have to beat someone whose PR is 50 seconds lower than mine. Practice today was a timed 2-mile, we were specifically told not to race or go really hard so I got 13:50, then ran 5 when I got home to get some miles in. In conclusion, genetics>work, annoyingly enough,
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm

L, it's NOT about the distances you run. Trust me. It's about the speed you can do them in. You should focus more on killing yourself to get a better pace (what I've been doing) than worrying about the quantity of miles you've ran.

6 400s, all under 70
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:18 pm

I know I need a lot more speed work, it's just that I want to mix in long runs, and yesterday I just didn't want to see a 2 for the day. 10 today (coach's idea, not mine) in 86 something, first time doing 10 under 90.

I can't even run 1 400 under 70, that's really good.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm sure you can dude, have you ever timed a 400 only doing one? There's a girl on my team who ran a 60 flat..
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Nah, never done just 1. Jeez, 60 flat is amazing. Somewhat related, http://ma.milesplit.mobi/athletes/937559-camille-blackman she goes to my school and is absolutely insane.
Back to top Go down
Johnywilko
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Johnywilko

Staff Message : You want a staff message? Too bad.

Fuji Bucks™ : 4379

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Can't wait to get running again, this cold weather is hard on my knees and ankles. I have to say, you guys^ are pretty good Wink
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Omg... she's insane
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:00 pm

800, 1200, 1600, 1200 today, 400 jog after each. Mock meet on Friday, should be a decent indication of what to aim for in races.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Damn that sounds easy. We did a 1200 hard, 1200 easy and repeated the process for 1 hour. I did 14. I lost a little bit of myself today.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:05 pm

It was pretty easy, the coach is generally agreed to not know what he's talking about but nobody wants to say anything to him. I'm debating doing extra of whatever he tells us to. Your workouts are just crazy, no wonder you're so good.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 pm

You should dude. Sometimes they're crazy, other times they're an average workout. Our coach has been coaching for like... idk 40 years or somesing
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Sometimes I think ours has too, only he's from the Don't Push Too Hard, Hydrate, And Stretch school of running. Good for marathon completion but not much else, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:04 am

I'm doing a half marathon on the 25th:)
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 pm

That's awesome, my aunt wants me to do one with her but I'm waiting till after XC season. 6 today, knee screwed up again.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

3 mile course again, got 16:45.. didn't beat my time because I have infected shit on my feet and blisters on my heels that I just went to the doc for.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:51 pm

5 MILE REPEATS. Sucked so bad. Ran them in 4:52, 5:05, 5:12, 5:24 and 5:11 in that order.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Jesus, you've gotten amazing. I think I could do the 5:24...anyway, 10 1/2 yesterday and today we were on the XC course, 30 seconds sprint and 1 minute fast jog for half an hour.
You ever read or heard of the book Once A Runner? I read it this summer, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tristan
Elevated Bloon
Elevated Bloon
Tristan

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Nah what's it about?
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Basically, there's a kid going to college in Florida and he runs the mile, he's really really good (at the beginning he's run a 4:00.3). So he gets into this meet against the best miler in the world, but gets kicked off the team for something he didn't do, so he drops out of school, breaks up with his girlfriend, lives in the woods and just runs all day. It's an amazing book, see if you can get a copy somewhere.
Congrats on making the paper, that's really cool.
Back to top Go down
Victoria
Fuji Imp
Fuji Imp
Victoria

Staff Message : l
Fuji Bucks™ : 204823

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I started running again the other day since I stopped once I got my job, and it made me so sore. I don't think my knee is ever going to go back to the way it was so it looks like I won't be playing basketball this year or track. Our stupid school doesn't let you on any team other than varsity once you hit 11th grade. They think if you're not good enough to be on the team by then, then they don't want to waste JV team space on you.
Back to top Go down
Lsquared
Squeaky Clean
Squeaky Clean
Lsquared

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:01 pm

That's just dumb, I can't think of a single reason for them to do that...I guess it makes you want to get better but it's kind of a bad way to make kids practice.
7 yesterday, 56:15 (PR). First meet the 13th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track / General Running   Track / General Running - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Track / General Running

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fuji Planet :: Miscellaneous :: General Discussions :: Sports Talk-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com